bamboo building/Conferences

YankeePerm YankeePerm at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 07:46:09 PDT 1998

Earth Advocates, publishers of the Temperate Bamboo Quarterly, are holding a
bamboo furniture building conference in Tennessee next month.  The fee is $250
and it runs 2 or 3 days--I forget.  Since the joining and forming issues will
be similar to building with bamboo, I scraped out our permaculture account and
sent them the $$$.  Adam and Sue Turtle are very knowledgeable and bamboo
experts, which is what convinced me.  (No, I don't get a commission.)

You can contact them by mail at 30 Myers Rd., Summertown TN 38483.  They have
a phone but it is not on the little TBQ card I have in front of me.  If you
cant get it from information (please try first), email me and I'll look it up.

This is in conjunction, by the way, with a meeting of the Southeast Chapter of
the American Bamboo Assn.  The entire shindig, workshop, meeting, and field
visits at the end, runs a week.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since 1982),
Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email.   Next Live program:  Advanced training in Paraguay,
8/10-22/98. 3 slots available. Copyright, 1998, Dan & Cynthia Hemenway, P.O.
Box 52, Sparr FL 32192 USA  Internships. YankeePerm at aol.com

We don't have time to rush.

A list by topic of all Yankee Permaculture titles may be found at
http://csf.colorado.edu/perma/ypc_catalog.html