Rally/Tour to Save Public Land

awerbalo at calpoly.edu awerbalo at calpoly.edu
Fri Oct 16 07:52:00 PDT 1998

Please join us in expressing stewardship and concern for
publicly-owned prime agricultural land threatened to be illegally
bulldozed October 30.

We will have tours of the proposed site, garden refreshments, free
winter garden seeds and instructions, and discussions about our
community's relationship with cooperatively stewarded resources.

It takes place at the Cal Poly Permaculture Center, and the adjacent
fields aggressively being taken for rushed construction of the new
Rodeo/Polo complex. I bet the gatherings turn into kind of a party, with

guitars and tambourines, gourd rattles,  hey...just like in the sixties!

***DATES and TIMES: Wednesday October 23, 3pm (let's make this first one

a biggie, to get the ball rolling. You can come at 5pm as well)

Friday October 25, 3pm   and Sunday October 25, 3pm***

Directions to the center are: From Highway 1, enter the campus on
Highland Road. At the first stop sign, take a left on to Mt. Bishop
Road.  Go 1/4 mile and turn right into the Cal Poly Dairy and go all the

way through the parking lot  and turn right at the sign which says
"Student Experimental Farm" onto the dirt road. Follow it to the left
and proceed uphill, The Permaculture Center is on the right hand side.

Please call 805-756-5086 if you have to.

Thank you for caring about the (still) living earth.