Stucco "Barn-Raising"

awerbalo at calpoly.edu awerbalo at calpoly.edu
Mon Nov 2 07:34:09 PST 1998

(If you no longer wish to receive messages like this from me, simply
reply "Please remove". Thanks!)

On Friday Nov. 20 and Saturday Nov. 21 a special
community"Barnraising"-style work party will finish applying the stucco
coating on the straw-bale structure at the Cal Poly Permaculture Center.

Practical professional training is offered in exchange for your healthy
labor and community spirit. We will  protect this human
habitat for future ecological gatherings and celebrations, and we'd like
your participation. Both standard plaster and alternative local plaster
materials will be used on the collaboratively designed and built
structure which shields the Festival Circle and creates passive
solar-thermal benefits.

We're almost there, and with winter rains approaching, a big fun group
will be our most efficient and enjoyable strategy. We begin 8am on
Friday and Saturday, finishing with a fun pot-luck dinner and fire
circle at the Hopedance Party by 5pm on Saturday. You are welcome to
come at any time during each day. Complimentary morning beverages,
fruit, and cake will great early workers. Sleepover party for campers on
Friday night is also in the mix.

Respected local desgn leaders such as San Luis Solar Group maestro Ken
Haggard and Permaculture sensei Larry Santoyo will share their expertise
as we complete this progressive
project. This will be fun! Call or email Akiva for details: 756-5086,
awerbalo at calpoly.edu