PermaNews: Full of...LIGHT!

Akiva Werbalowsky akivaw at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 23 10:19:53 PST 1998

In this message:

-Central Coast Permaculture Guild news

-Cal Poly Permaculture update

-new offerings for permaculture learning

-please correct for new email address and phone

Greetings upon the solar upswing,

The Central Coast Permaculture Guild continues to shine as an
action-oriented learning group where we are cultivating nourishing
relations with each other and the earth. A solstice-time gathering in
Cayucos resulted in an abundant planting of trees at the home of guild
members in Cayucos. Many thanks to helpers who coordinated this
gathering, including solstice birthday bro' Julian Kayne, our hosts the
Martin family, and communications whiz Rob Kimmel.

On the other hand, there will be no official permaculture training
through Cal Poly Extended Education until further notice. It seems that
democratic opposition to the new rodeo complex was not to be tolerated
by the College of Agriculture, and the punishment was withdrawal of
support for the highly successful Permaculture and Ecological Design
program. Further info relating to the positive side of this story will
be in the new issue of Hopedance magazine due out in early January.

Fortunately, permaculture training of the finest quality will be offered
in many ways this year, including Larry Santoyo's courses through Cuesta
Community College and elsewhere. Contact Larry at dotcalm at fix.net or
tel: 800-469-5857

I am scheduling slide show presentations highlighting the amazing
abundance of permaculture here in this part of California, as well as
offering school and community programs to prepare for community food and
resource vitality for (at least) the next seven generations, especially
through y2k. We will have our cake and ENJOY it too! Please schedule and
or/collaborate on these events as early as possible by emailing me at
akivaw at hotmail.com or by calling 805-783-9546. (I will no longer be
using my former email or phone through cal poly, so please correct this
in your distribution lists.)

Finally, I do believe the Cal Poly Permaculture site itself will
continue to be a fertile place for observation, learn-by-doing, and food
forestry. The College of Agriculture administration is still very
impressed with the unprecedented enthusiasm and interest permaculture
has brought to the Cal Poly Student Experimental Farm these past two
years. Stewards for positivity remain in official positions to help!
They are asking for community input as to how to best utilize this
special place in the future, and a questionairre will be available for
your comments in January. I'll keep you updated because your input is
essential.

Thank you everyone for nourishing healthy relationships here and now.

Wishing you clear (well- lighted) paths,

Akiva