buy nothing day 1999

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Mon Nov 8 08:57:29 PST 1999

looking for happiness and simplicity? — send for your free starter kit today!

OUR CONSUMER CULTURE IS OUT OF CONTROL. Once, we shopped to buy what we
needed, period. Now that we don't need much, we shop for other reasons: to
impress each other, to fill a void, to kill time. A mere 20% of the earth's
population uses 80% of its natural resources. Our overconsumption is killing
the planet.

BUY NOTHING DAY is a simple idea with deep implications. It forces us to
think about the "shop-till-you-drop" imperative and its effects on the rest
of the world. When you buy nothing on November 26th, enjoy a break from the
shopping frenzy. Relish your power as a consumer to change the economic
environment.

want to hear more? visit http://adbusters.org/campaigns/bnd/

enjoy a spend free day...please forward to EVERYONE!