South Coast Permaculture Guild Events Listing for December 1999, Check out Nader Khalili Earth Structures Article and Website in text

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Nov 28 15:53:29 PST 1999

South Coast Permaculture Guild Contacts and other Organizations of Interest

Santa Barbara Branch Margie Bushman sbpcnet at silcom.com 805-962-2571
Ojai Permaculture Guild Dave White ArtDetour @aol.com 805-646-9809
Central Coast Permaculture Guild Rob Kimmel zigge at aol.com 805-438-5745
Crystal Rae crystal at slonet.org 805-466-5746
San Diego Permaculture Guild Bruce Bebe ikaia at hotmail.com
Cal Poly Student Farm in SLO Hunter Francis francis at calpoly.edu
Long Beach Organics Paul Racko pracko at earthlink.net 562-438-9000

Hi everyone
Last email before 2000 best to everyone for the New Year and remember no
meeting in December

Saturday Dec. 4 Roadtrip to visit visionary Architect Nader Khalili at
Calearth
in Hesperia Ca. this is an all day annual trip to visit the demonstration
site,
the Nature Center and new housing in Hesperia all using earth architecture to
build them. This is an amazing adventure see what can be done with earth
and it
is truly low cost beautiful housing that does not tax the earth's biological
resources. we will leave Santa Barbara at 6:30am . for more info call Wes Roe
964-1555 or email lakinroe at silcom.com, potluck lunch with Nader Khalili
Check his Website for pictures of the Earth buildings and more info
www.Calearth.org
and a recent article in LA Times www.calearth.org/latimes2.htm called Down to
Earth

Tuesday January 18 , 2000 Monthly SCPG Meeting with special speaker Gene
Hoffman Compassinate Listening. Social, Seed Exchange and Pizza 6:30 pm
meeting
at 7:00 all Welcome at CEC Gildea Resource Center 930 Miramonte Dr Santa
Barbara Ca for info call SCPG 805-964-1555 or email sbpcnet at silcom.com

By the way, the first monthly meeting for the South Coast Permaculture Guild
will be a very special topic, with a very special speaker. The speaker is
Gene Hoffman, speaking on Compassionate Listening, something she has been
involved with for the past 35 years, using it to help resolve conflicts
around the world. Our meeting will be on Tues, Jan 18, and I hope you are
able to put it on your calendars. We felt it was very appropriate to start
the new year and new decade with this kind of topic, how we can "hear"
others, even when our own perspective of things seems the right one. Those
of us who are involved in environmental issues many times appear
confrontational, and lose possible new "ears", not because we don't have
something valuable to share, but because of our presentation.