sugar cane question

sal sals at rain.org
Tue Mar 21 06:10:29 PST 2000

I don't grow it now my teeth are gone.hehe.    I use to have quite a few
different kinds.  It was fun and the kids that came to visit loved it. I
love the taste of sugar cane myself there is nothing like it .     If I
could get a press and make the juice I would grow it again.  I never did
anything to the soil .  I guess i would plant it maybe 6 in. underground.  I
never paid much attention to how deep I would just cover it up and the next
season I would have another bunch.  there are different kinds and it sounds
like u have a good one.  easy to skin .  I kept it going for years.  If I
were u I would give some to a friend that lives in a frost free place so if
yours ever gets hit u can start again.