Earthships Wed April 26 at 7PM CEC

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun Apr 23 18:44:46 PDT 2000

Wednesday April 26 at 7:00 PM at South Coast Permaculture Guild Monthly
Meeting Slideshow/lecture Earthships with Christopher Danch of Sunbow
Ecology Center
Community Environmental Council 930 Miramonte Dr.Santa Barbara
Light Refreshments and Food and Conversation at 6:30 PM regular monthly
meeting
SCPG 962-2571 or sbpcnet at silcom.com

An Earthship is fully-integrated sustainable off-the-grid housing design
that incorporates recycled and indigenous building materials, thermal
mass for temperature regulation, high insulation, passive ventilation
system, rain water catchment and storage system, passive solar heating
(both building and water), PV solar with "designed down" electrical
system, and constructed wetland systems for treatment of grey and black
water. The design allows for some year-round food production both inside
and outside the structure.

Sunbow Ecology Center is coordinating organization for a broad-based
coalition of organizations, groups and individuals working to gain
building code acceptance for Earthships components, starting with the
rammed earth tire wall construction method. We will be conducting
ICBO-approved testing and working with building officials around the
state to allow people to freely permit the construction of earthships.
We will also work to ease the permitting of the grey and black water
treatment systems.
Sunbow Ecology Center is a nonprofit dedicated to fostering community
responsibility and promoting ecological restoration through hands-on
educational service project and wilderness learning expeditions. Our
mission is to enable people to take an active role in restoring
environmental and social health--personally, locally and globally.
Check out the Sunbow Ecology Center
Sunbow Ecology Center
P.O. Box 509
Ojai, CA 93024-0509