Permaculture Site in San Luis Obispo California needs help please pass ago

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sun May 7 22:37:31 PDT 2000

http://webpages.charter.net/leopard/

Permaculture Demonstration Heaven...SOS!
We need your help and ideas...

Historical property, one of the last remaining farmhouses with intact barns in
the city limits, is an important link to our community's past.

*The site is located near downtown San Luis Obispo, in the heart of the
California Central Coast (just eight miles from the Pacific Ocean, exactly
halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, at the junction of Interstate
101 and Coast Highway One).
This area enjoys a subtropical Mediterranean climate and excellent
valley-bottom soil that we have further enriched on-site with extensive
composting.*

The permaculture site where we have been focusing our restorative energy
for the
past few years is up for sale. This would be a perfect site for an Ecological
Arts Center with permaculture gardens and room for local green businesses. We
are seeking participation by local environmental groups as well.
It is one of the last vestiges of undeveloped ranchland right in the midst
of a
town undergoing a developmental growth spurt. With its 'commercial' zoning, it
is likely to be bulldozed unless we are successful in our efforts to gain the
aid of an organization, individuals, or businesses to help buy the site.

With a canvas like this and given some time we could hardly avoid
succeeding in
the creation of a world class marvel of urban ecological imagination.
Click here to jump to a
<http://webpages.charter.net/leopard/pcindex2.htm#billquote>comment from Bill
Mollison, the founder of Permaculture, regarding the potential of this site.

<http://webpages.charter.net/leopard/pcindex2.htm>
<http://webpages.charter.net/leopard/pcindex2.htm>
<http://webpages.charter.net/leopard/pcindex2.htm>

Please click <http://webpages.charter.net/leopard/pcindex2.htm>here or on
one of
the images above to enter a small tour of this jewel.