fwd: Santa Barbara Organic Gardening Club news

EWerb at aol.com EWerb at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 12:55:02 PDT 2000

SANTA BARBARA ORGANIC GARDEN CLUB NEWSLETTER

Hi All You Organic Gardeners out there...

We just received our "official" invitation in the mail from the San Ysidro
Ranch.  The "Edible Landscapes" event starts at 6 pm and runs til 7:30 pm at
the San Ysidro Ranch's Kitchen Garden.  Featured will be Thomas Cole, the
kitchen gardener and Jamie West, Executive Chef at the Ranch. RSVP is
969-5046.  Appetizers and refreshments will be served. Fee is $15 per person.

As most of you know, the Santa Barbara Organic Gardening Club is hosting this
in collaboration with the San Ysidro Ranch and the Slow Foods Santa Barbara
Convivium of Slow Foods International, and we're very grateful for their
including us in this terrific event.

If you haven't gotten your printed invitation and would like one (perhaps for
friends who might be interested as well as yourselves?) call either Susan
Goggin or Janis Clapoff at the Ranch (969-5046).

And don't forget our own follow-up discussion the following Wed. Sept 20 from
7pm - 8:30 pm at the Community Environmental Council Gildea Center at 930
Miramonte (off Carrillo) in Santa Barbara.  We'll "talk shop" about how to
create this kind of wonderful organic edible gardening paradise at home,
whether in containers on a tiny patio or in a bigger yard.  The discussion
event will be free.

Also keep in mind that the SB County Horticultural Society Annual Plant Sale
is Sun, Sept 17, 10am - 3pm at MacKenzie Park in Santa Barbara.  The big fall
planting season is coming soon!

Windrose Farm in Paso Robles is doing their annual Heirloom Tomato Tasting,
complete with buffet, tours, salsa and salad demonstrations, the same
afternoon, Sunday Sept 17th. from 2 pm to 6 pm. The fee is $10. The farm is
organic, of course, and the farmers sell their delicious tomatoes, fresh and
dried, at the Santa Barbara Farmer's Market. Contact us for more information.

Also the California Organic Festival is Sunday Sept 17th from 11-5, in Oak
Park, Santa Barbara, see www.islandseed.com/orgfest.html

Looking forward to seeing you at one or all of these events.

Linda and Larry Buzzell-Saltzman
<LBUZZELL at aol.com>