[Ccpg] Art Opening with Environmental Focus in SB

ccpg-admin at arashi.com ccpg-admin at arashi.com
Fri Mar 9 23:38:12 PST 2001

Announcement:

Award winning environmental artist (photographer, painter plus
composer/performer) Nancy Koren from Atascadero, California will hold an
opening reception at the Karpelis Manuscript Library and Museum on this
very Sunday March 11th, 2001 --- located at 21 West Anapamu St., Santa
Barbara, Tel (805) 962-5322.
Time: 2pm 'til 5pm with 44 photographs, a talk by the artist, refreshments,
Nancy's music, a video and more.

Why come?

                 >Savor a unique photo-essay preserved in Koren's pictures
and music of a place called "The Down Home Blues Ranch".  The exhibit is
dedicated to this uniquely beautiful environmental homesite, finally
displaced by the The State Water Project in 1993.  Hear about the
impassioned struggle to save the Ranch and how hearts were opened in the
outpouring of support it evoked.

                 >Support the role of art in the preservation of natural
beauty in the face of bureaucratic force --- Let people see what was lost
to the construction of a field of immense water tanks as part of The State
Water Project.  Eric Greening, a leading SLO County environmental activist,
will give a special presentation highlighting the events leading to the
loss of the Ranch.

                >This museum show and reception was quickly and
professionally mounted by Koren on short notice (another show unexpectedly
cancelled).  Don't miss the opportunity to see this inspiring art
documentary of a jewel in the history of the Central Coast
.
                >Please come and bring your friends who love art and the
preservation of our natural environment, keeping our own hearts open to the
cry of nature under threat.

                >For more information call Nancy Koren @ 805 461 1955 or
e-mail her at
<mailto:nkoren at slonet.org>nkoren<mailto:nkoren at slonet.org>@slonet.org.