[Ccpg] Community and Sustainability: A weekend conference

ccpg-admin at arashi.com ccpg-admin at arashi.com
Mon May 14 07:43:02 PDT 2001

I live on the Pacific Coast(CA). Why do I receive info about events
on the Atlantic???? Bill

At 09:17 PM 5/13/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Join us for synergy and creation of community!
>Community and Sustainability:
>A weekend conference with the Fellowship for Intentional Community and
>Earthaven Ecovillage.
>June 1-3, 2001, near Asheville, North Carolina.
>
>Held on 325 forested acres, Earthaven is a growing community with 55 full
>members, and a steady stream of visitors and students. The creeks and spring
>waters are clear and refreshing, and the forest is full of wonder.  There
>will be workshops; networking, good food, music, a high-energy arts, crafts,
>services auction and more!
>
>Saturday, June 2, Workshops include:
>
>*   "Building As If Breathing Matters" (Building Naturally) with Chuck Marsh
>and Paul Caron
>*   "Putting Humans In The Landscape" (Permaculture Basics) with Peter Bane
>*   "Where Do We Go From Here? An Introduction to Ecovillages" with Patricia
>Allison
>*   "Environmental Education: Are We Ready to Take The Jump?" with Arjuna da
>Silva
>*   "Cultural Environmentalism" with Karen Henninger
>*   "Visions of Utopia" with Geoph Kozeny
>*   "When Our Bodies Speak, Is Anyone Listening" with Carol Swann
>*   "Conflict - Does It Mean Your Group Is Sick or Just Paying Attention"
>with Laird Schaub
>*   "Forming New Communities" with Diana Christian
>*   "Consensus Basics" with Tree Bressen
>*   "Creating Culture Through Ritual"
>*   "Egalitarianism"
>
>Sunday June 3, "In-Depth with Earthaven":
>
>An in-depth look at life at Earthaven Ecovillage. The morning begins with a
>spiritual practice of your choice (including "the prayer of peaceful repose",
>i.e., sleeping-in). Then, after breakfast, we'll go on a walking tour of
>Earthaven, followed by a panel discussion with a variety of Earthaven members
>--your chance to ask all those questions about the realities of community
>life. During the afternoon, take your choice of two presentations by
>Earthaven members on various aspects of our process: Natural Building,
>Forestry, Family Life, Governance, Finance, Ecospirituality, Land
>Stewardship, Growing Food, Education, The Village School, Employment.
>
>Earthaven was founded in 1995, inspired by a vision of a healthy,
>multi-cultural, economically viable, spiritually diverse and ecologically
>responsible community, living in ways that reawaken, heal and nourish both
>our awareness of the fundamental oneness of creation and our conscious
>connection with the natural world.
>
>Please come join the fun!
>
>~~ REGISTRATION ~~
>* FIC board meeting
>* Saturday Community and Sustainability Workshops
>* Sunday "In-Depth with Earthaven"
>
>phone: 828.669.3937
>email: culturesedge at earthaven.org
>mailing address: 1025 Camp Elliott Road, Black Mountain, NC 28711
>http://fic.ic.org/artofcmty.html
>
>http://www.earthaven.org/

> [...]

ELDER BILL:BS,MA,MS,SOB,GOF,EE,EcoHoolie
1040 Cielo Lane, Nipomo, CA.,93444  929-3647
Visit:    <http://members.aol.com/econotes/>
          <http://www.slonet.org/~bdenneen/>
          <Http://www.hosteltravelers.com/>
          <http://www.SprawlCity.org/>
          <http://www.sb-earthfirst.org/smokethis.htm>
          <http://www.zpg.org/Get_Involved/danetwork.html>
          <http://www.straightgoods.com/FTAA>
          <http://www.hostelsofamerica.com/ca_billshome.htm>
 "In the end we will conserve only that which we love;
We will love only what we understand; We will understand only what we are
taught." Baba Diauorm, on Environmental Education
EDUCATE not INCARCERATE                    RECREATE not PROCREATE
                HUMAN NEED not CORPORATE GREED!
                        SAVE THE MESA
                            EDC