[Ccpg] Please don't forget

ccpg-admin at arashi.com ccpg-admin at arashi.com
Thu Jun 21 10:50:56 PDT 2001

Sending this to most everybody I know; don't usually blanket forward, but
this seems like a good way to Celibrate Solstice and make a statement. Those
of you in AZ better find a pool to hang out in for 3 hours...

PLEASE FORWARD

   ROLL YOUR OWN BLACK OUT
   THE FIRST DAY OF SUMMER
  JUNE 21, 2001 THURS EVE,
  7-10pm worldwide, all time zones
   In protest of George W. Bush's energy policies and
   lack of emphasis on efficiency, conservation and
   alternative fuels, there will be a voluntary rolling
   blackout on the first day of summer, June 21 at 7pm -
   10pm in any time zone (this will roll it across the planet).

   Its a simple protest and a symbolic act. Turn out your lights from
   7pm-10pm on June 21. Unplug whatever you can unplug in your
   house. Light a candle, make love, tell ghost stories, do something
   instead of watching television. Have fun in the dark.

   Forward this email as widely as possible, to your
   government representatives and environmental contacts.
  Let them know we want energy education, public participation,
  and funding in conservation, efficiency and alternative fuel efforts
  -- and an end to over exploitation and misuse of the earth's
resources.

  "Are we so deafened by the lure of transitory
   gain that we cannot hear the spirit of the trees
  appealing to us?  Are we so enslaved to the
  marketplace as to pledge our souls and those
  who come after us to what we now consider as
  well-being?"

                - Richard St. Barbe Baker, 1889-1982

  --
  Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path
  and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson