[Ccpg] SAVE THE DATE - INDUSTRIAL ECOLOGY SUMMIT 2001, NOVEMBER 13-15

ccpg-admin at arashi.com ccpg-admin at arashi.com
Sun Aug 19 10:17:21 PDT 2001

                     Mark your calendars!!

       INDUSTRIAL ECOLOGY SUMMIT 2001
                          will be held
              NOVEMBER 13-15, 2001
                        at the scenic
               Marconi Conference Center
   (along the coast just north of San Francisco)

IE SUMMIT 2001:

What We Learned In The Rainforest:
Tools Inspired by Nature for Corporate Accountability and Sustainability

BACKGROUND:

Three years ago, in a speech entitled "What I Learned in the Rainforest,"
Tachi Kiuchi set forth a bold vision: Instead of extracting resources from
nature, businesses could harvest nature's ideas. By running our businesses
like the rainforest - innovative, adaptive, resilient, and sustainable - we
can emulate nature's capacity to create value without consuming its
base.  We can begin to profit sustainably, and create affluence without
effluence.

But how?

To answer that question, the Future 500 is proud to invite you to "What We
Learned in the Rainforest," the Future 500 Summit 2001, this November 13-15
near San Francisco.

Like last year's Industrial Ecology 2000, our 2001 summit will draw
together a rich combination of forward-thinking executives, practical
visionaries, and business change agents.  But unlike IE 2000, What We
Learned in the Rainforest is a WORKING conference.  Instead of dozens of
keynotes and breakout sessions, we will be working side-by-side in intimate
roundtable
sessions.  And instead of last year's 400 participants, less than 100
registrants will be permitted - 50 of them hand-selected, to assure that we
have the catalytic mix of participants we need.

PROGRAM THEMES:

    *  Lessons from the Rainforest: The Book, the Principles, the Tools

    *  Applying the Lessons I: New Tools for Corporate
Accountability.  Learn about, propose, discuss and debate tools in
different fields and functions of corporate accountability:
        -Planning Tools
        -Policy Tools
        -Implementation Tools
        -Tracking Tools
        -Communication Tools
        -Applying the Lessons II:  Product Stewardship and Extended Product
Responsibility

    *  Applying the Lessons III:  Computers and Electronics Product
Stewardship: State and National Program and Policy Development

    *  Building a Practice in Corporate Accountability: The Next 90 Days to
One Year

For more information, please contact:

Nikole Wilson
Conference Coordinator