[Ccpg] "MULCH-A-THON" This Saturday at Cal Poly Student Farm SLO CA

ccpg-admin at arashi.com ccpg-admin at arashi.com
Wed Nov 28 14:43:02 PST 2001

Time for winter's rest at the Student Farm!

Cover crops are now in most of our fields, with the exception of a few winter
veggies (mostly brassicas and allium).  In anticipation of eager weeds,
already
starting to pop their heads out, we will be laying a blanket of mulch around
newly planted perennials.  We will also be preparing the rest of the farm for
impending rains, including improving the drainage/water collection system on
our
strawbale house.

MULCH-A-THON:  Saturday,  December 1st from 10 am - 2 pm

This social, POTLUCK gathering is free to all.  Hope you can join us!

P.S. This event will be "drizzle or shine" (a steady, heavy rain will
cancel).  Dress warmly!

DIRECTIONS:  Take the Highland entrance into Cal Poly from Route 1.  At your
first stop sign, turn left onto Mount Bishop Road.   After about 1/4 mile,
the
road veres to the left.  Bare RIGHT onto the dirt road to the right of the
small
Vet clinic.  Go about 1/2 mile (past the Rodeo Unit) straight up to the top
of
the hill.  The Student farm is on the right, across from the Compost Unit.

Hunter Francis
Program Coordinator
Sustainable Agriculture Resource Center
Cal Poly State University
San Luis Obispo, California
(805)756-5086

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
224 E. Figueroa St, #C
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
805/962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous