[Ccpg] buckwheat info request

ccpg-admin at arashi.com ccpg-admin at arashi.com
Mon Apr 1 12:44:08 PST 2002

Hope I'm actually sending this to the list!  I'm
wondering if anyone out there has information on
growing buckwheat.  I have a friend ready to set out
to the East Coast (upstate NY) to improve the quality
of the land on a friend's "abandoned" farm.  His plan
is to grow buckwheat as a cover crop, maybe get some
bees and market buckwheat honey, let the crop self sow
then after the soil improves, weeds are down, etc.
grow buckwheat as a crop.  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.  Please send your thoughts to him (Bo)at
b at fulgin.com
Thanks!
Joan