[Ccpg] MailMan/Listserv Updates

ccpg-admin at arashi.com ccpg-admin at arashi.com
Thu Apr 18 00:41:51 PDT 2002

A short announcement, there have been minor modifications to the MailMan
service on arashi.com. The web based interface is now automagically
redirected to an SSL enabled web server. Meaning, the real base address of
the listservice is now https://www.arashi.com/pipermail/.

---

Additionally, I have a question to pose to the members of these groups.

A while back, I enabled the privacy option of the list, which suppresses
the original posters e-mail address. I had a couple reasons at the time,
basically, to suppress the collection of e-mail addresses from spambots.
However, looking over the web logs, it appears that other additional
measures I have taken seem to severely discourage that behaviour (
autoredirects of recognized spam harvesters to the Washington State
Attorneys Office for example ).

Perusing the list, sometimes I wonder who was the sender of the message.
I have been following the permaculture list @ lists.ibiblio.org for some
time and have come to appreciate knowing who sent what.

My question to you is: do you wish to see the same type of behaviour on
the lists hosted @ arashi? An example of this would be the differences
between the following:

https://www.arashi.com/pipermail/scpg/2002q2/thread.html
https://www.arashi.com/pipermail/scpg/2001q4/thread.html

Thanks for your feedback.

---

PS. Anyone have more information about the issues between Washington
Mutual Bank and the Ahmanson Ranch Project? TIA.