[Ccpg] Permaculture Design Course in Hawai'i- Aug. 2002

Jeremy coyotemoon at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 6 19:39:11 PDT 2002

Permaculture Design Course in Hawai'i.

August 1st- 21st, 2002: Permaculture Design Certification Course at
La'akea Gardens on the BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII. A three-week, hands-on
Permaculture design workshop with some of the most innovating and
experienced Permaculture teachers on the planet.  If you're looking for
a Permaculture design course that emphasizes practical knowledge and
skills, this one is for you.  The extended three-week format allows
plenty of time for hands-on projects, field trips around the island
including visits to local organic farms, and a community building
experience with our residents and other course participants.

Our lead facilitator for this course is Toby Hemenway, writer, teacher,
consultant, former geneticist, and author of the recent Permaculture
book Gaia's Garden.  Jude Hobbs will also be joining the course, adding
her experience as a horticulturist, Permaculture designer, and
instructor, Jude's focus is on environmental design solutions for urban
and rural settings. Jude has presented Permaculture workshops and
courses throughout the West for 12 years.  Michael Kramer, owner of an
ecologically responsible investment business, will be with us as well.
Michael is the former director of the Permaculture Drylands Institute
and lives in Hawai'i.  Our hands-on sessions during the course will be
lead by Sean Canetta, a locally successful Permaculture practitioner
with unique and in-depth knowledge of tropical flora and biodynamic
gardening.

Check: http://www.permaculture-hawaii.com for more details or sends
questions to: laakea at permaculture-hawaii.com

Adjacent to the PDC we are offering a 4-day Earth Speaks Experience
Workshop (July 26th- 29th) with Beatrix Pfleiderer, founder of Laakea
Gardens and a special discount for PCD Students ($210).

Check www.healingworkshopshawaii.com for more details.

Next Permaculture design courses: November 2002, February 2003