[Ccpg] Thurs. Aug 8 7pm Permaculture Discussion Group to Cover Permaculture Principles and Practises in Santa Barbara CA

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Aug 6 09:40:42 PDT 2002

Thurs. Aug 8 7pm Permaculture Discussion Group to Cover Permaculture
Principles and Practises in Santa Barbara CA
Meeting at Sola House 312 E Sola St Santa Barbara Ca

Directions to called the Sola House is 312 E. Sola
St, cross street is Garden. It is a two story wooden house, olive green
with teal blue trim.

hi everyone
This will be the ongoing interactive meeting showing videos covering many
parts of a lecture series on Permaculture Design by Bill Mollison one of
the founders of Permaculture , audio tapes, other Permaculture Videos,
slides and discussion each month. The meetings are free and open to folks
who want to study and learn more about Permaculture..
                         wes roe lakinroe at silcom.com

The idea is to have meetings at member houses the second Thursday of  each
month  This will allow us to see how to implement Permaculture Design at
each meeting site plus see video's and together further develop our
understandings of Permaculture Principles and Design.The meetings are free
and open to folks who want to study and learn more about Permaculture..
The third  Video of Bill Mollison's Co founder of Permaculture Series
Fundamentals Of Pattern will be show and discussed.

So if you would like to have a future meeting at your house contact Margie
Bushman sbpcnet at silcom.com 805-962-2571

Next month Sept 12 we will be meeting in Ojai , so far we have three offers
of houses to meet at in Ojai and will decide once we talked to everyone
where the meeting is to held

Future Events of Interest

Aug 22 Thurs. 7pm SB Permaculture ECO-Film Night featuring The NEXT
INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION
Santa Barbara Main Library Faulkner Gallery Donation $3
Guest Speaker Owen Dell Landscape Architect , Watershed Activist
A new film for business, environmentalists, educators, and designers about
the Birth of the Sustainable Economy, narrated by Susan Sarandon.
with Architect William McDonough and Chemist Micheal Braungrad
While some environmental observers predict doomsday scenarios in which a
rapidly increasing human population is forced to compete for ever scarcer
natural resources, Bill McDonough sees a more exciting and hopeful future.
In his vision, humanity takes nature itself as our guide, reinventing
technical enterprises to be as safe and ever-renewing as natural processes.
Can't happen? It's already happening with companies like Ford Motor
Company, Nike, Herman Miller Furniture factory and others, and it's a part
of what McDonough and his partner, chemist Michael Braungart call The Next
Industrial Revolution.
For more info go to www.thenextindustrialrevolution.org
Contact SB Permaculture Network 805-962-2571 sbpcnet at silcom.com

September 9-11, 2002 Las Gaviotas: Dialogue on Innovation and Perseverance
with Paolo Lugari, founder of Gaviotas and Gunter Pauli, director of ZERI
September 9-11, 2002 at Ghost Ranch in Abiquiu, New Mexico
Registration fee $200; Register by August 10 $150; Registration ends August
27!
For more information about the event, email robert.schorlemmer at usa.net or
call Karen at (510) 548-4401
Please register through this website