[Ccpg] Upcoming Permaculture Design, Teaching & Deep Ecology Programs in Hawaii.

Laakea Gardens Laakea at turquoise.net
Sun Sep 22 04:48:12 PDT 2002

Upcoming Permaculture Design, Teaching & Deep Ecology Programs in Hawaii.

Aloha.

La'akea Permaculture Gardens (http://Permaculture-hawaii.com) is a
permaculture instruction facility established in 1991. Our mission is to
model and teach sustainable, earth restorative farming and living practices
(Permaculture) while exploring models of individual and collective healing.
We are located in the Puna District of the Big Island of Hawai'i.

October 25 - 28. 2002
Four-Day Earth Speaks Experience with the founder of Laakea Gardens Dr.
Beatrix Pfleiderer and Deep-Ecology teacher Bodhitara Searles

The Earth Speaks Experience is an intentional transformational experience in
Deep Ecology. It is a process of re-membering our connection with the Earth
and revealing our inherent freedom. In deeply connecting with the Land
emotionally, physically and spiritually we learn what it means to be
sustained and sustain the Earth.

The cost of this program, including housing, meals: $300.

November 1-21. 2002
3-week Permaculture Design Certification Course with Toby Hemenway, Michael
Kramer, Sean Canetta and Guests.

Permaculture Skills and Deep Ecology intensive, combining classroom
presentation, group discussion, field demonstration, field trips and plenty
of "hands in the dirt" experience working at one of the most established and
diverse Permaculture sites in Hawai'i. Our full time teachers are some of
the most experienced Permaculture designers and educators from both Hawaii
and the U.S. mainland.

Upon completion of this course, participants will receive a certificate and
can use the term "Permaculture" in pursuit of their livelihood.

The cost of this program, including housing, meals, field trips and all
course materials is $1450.00.

January 19-25, 2003.
Advanced Permaculture Teacher's Training Course with Michael Kramer and
Christopher Peck

The Permaculture Teacher's Course at Laakea Permaculture Gardens introduces
a revolutionary new way of teaching permaculture. We apply the principles of
permaculture to the teaching of permaculture. We will cover every aspect of
being an exciting and effective educator. The powerful teaching techniques
you will learn in this course were gleaned from years of permaculture
teaching wisdom from experienced Permaculture teachers around the globe. The
prerequisite for this course is a certified Baasic Permaculture Design
Course. Course attendees will be eligible for Permaculture Teacher
Certification.

The cost of this program, including housing, meals and all course materials
is $700

To register and for more detailed information please visit our website:
http://permaculture-hawaii.com or call (808) 965-0178.