[Ccpg] [Scpg] Earth Activist Training: April 26 to May 10, 2003

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Jan 16 09:39:24 PST 2003

Earth Activist Training: April 26 to May 10, 2003
Learn how to create the world you want to live in

Learn permaculture, political activism, and magic with Starhawk and Penny
Livingston-Stark in a two-week intensive course.  Earth Activist Training
is a permaculture design course for visionary activists.  Learn the skills
to transform a piece of land, a community, political and economic systems,
and ourselves. The tools we need to envision and design a just, free, and
sustainable culture are the same ones we need challenge the vested
interests that keep destructive systems in place.  The principles of
healing the land can also be used to heal our own hearts, and sow hope.

Spend two weeks in wild western Sonoma County, California, learning:
* Nature and wilderness awareness
* The elemental building blocks of nature: air, fire, water, earth ... and soul
* Diversity in ecosystems and in our movement
* Pattern thinking in design, strategy, and movement building
* Solutions that exist: alternative energy, organic farming, natural
building, bioremediation, and restoration
* Soil and forest ecology and ecological economics
* How to think like a watershed; and collect, conserve, and clean water
* Movement building, strategy, and direct action principles and practices
* Consensus process, community building, facilitation, and conflict resolution
* Transformation of fear, rage, grief, and frustration into creative action
* How to stay grounded and centered in tough and challenging situations
* Ways to create ritual and weave magic into action
* How to renew personal energy and avoid burnout

Participants receive a Permaculture Design Certificate upon completion of
the course.

Cost: Sliding scale for the two-week residential training is:
$1500, if you have abundance in the form of money;
$1200, if you are working and solvent;
$1000, if you are scraping by.
We work hard to make this training available to those who want it,
regardless of income.  The middle of the scale, $1200, is "our
cost."  Those who can pay at the high end of the scale help provide
scholarships and work-trades for others.  Low income people have a
"built-in scholarship" by paying only $1000.  If even the low-end of the
scale is too much for you, please see the options for work-trade,
scholarship, and personal fundraising, detailed on the EAT web site:
www.permacultureinstitute.com/eat.

Deadline for work-trade and scholarship applications is February 28,
2003!  The closing date for regular registration is April 5, 2003.  Space
is limited, so apply now: the early bird gets the earthworm castings.

To learn more...
First please carefully read our web site, which has many details AND a
downloadable application form:  www.permacultureinstitute.com/eat
.  Important: if you've visited this site before, be sure to use "Refresh"
or "Reload" buttons on your browser to get the current information.

The computer-challenged should remember that you can visit our web site at
your local public library.  You also may obtain an EAT  brochure and
registration form via US Postal Service.  Request by email or leave your
name and address at 707-583-2300, extension 119.

For questions that remain, contact Mer at
mer at starhawk.org
707-583-2300, extension 119 (voicemail)