[Ccpg] CAlifornia Straw Building Association March 28, 29, 30 - 2003 SLO Ca

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Mar 17 02:50:59 PST 2003

from Turko Semmes
As a local founding member of CASBA (California Strawbuilding Assoc), I
wanted to share an exciting local event that is coming up the last weekend
of this month.  It is the annual meeting of CASBA.  Although open to the
public, one must join to attend.  This is a collection of some the leaders
in the field.  There will be a special earth plaster workshop on Friday that
can be attended separately followed by Two days of the exciting sharing of
ideas and energy in this popular and traditional construction technique.
Anyone involved in the construction field who would like to learn something
new but old should plan on attending.
Rather than tell you any more just click onto www.strawbuilding.org and you
can register and get further information. I hope to see you there.

THE

PERMANENT DANCE AND DECORATING COMMITTEE

OF THE

CAlifornia Straw Building Association

RESPECTFULLY REQUEST THE HONOR OF YOUR PRESENCE

March 28, 29, 30 - 2003

FOR THE

SEMI-ANNUAL MEETING, HOEDOWN, GABFEST AND CONFERENCE

CAMP OCEAN PINES

CAMBRIA, CALIFORNIA

Recently completed Strawbale cabins for your dreamtime

Dramatic ocean views for your eyes

Gourmet food and grog for your body

Information for your mind

Music for your soul

The rub:$125.00 includes 6 meals, lodging (bring your own sleeping bag) and
the
unique ambience of the Central Coast. Kids 8-16 $75 ages 7 and under free.

Friday earth plaster workshop $50

The theme of this conference/meeting will be PROJECTS: presentations on and
discussion about your projects large, small, sedate or wild. If you would like
to present your project, please let us know as soon as possible so we can
schedule you in. Please send a 50 word synopsis of your presentation and your
needs. If we get too many requests, we will break into two sessions and run
them concurrently. Each presenter will have 30 minutes of fame. A harsh and
disgusting timekeeper will be present and begin to make rude and disrespectful
noises if anyone goes over this limit.

Camp Ocean Pines is a unique, primitive, not-for-profit center on a piney
knoll
overlooking a fantastic expanse of the Pacific. Originally a YMCA camp, this
private camp now hosts all manner of groups. 10 new Strawbale cabins now grace
the grounds.

Deer and other wildlife will be your neighbors.

Friday, March 28

10:00 a.m Earthen plaster wokshop

4:00-6:00 p.m. Registration, schmoozing and dinner

7:30-9:00 p.m. Projects presentations.

Saturday, March 29

7:30-8:30 a.m. Schmoozing, breakfast, eye rubbing, and monosyllabitic
grunting.

8:30-10:30a.m. Project presentations

Mid morning - nature walk with Linda McMillan for children/spouses

10:30-11:00 a.m. Break

11:00-noon Membership business meeting

Noon-1:00 p.m. Lunch (Advisory Board meeting concurrent)

1:00-3:00 p.m. Project presentations

3:00-3:30 p.m. Break

3:30-5:00 p.m. Project presentations

5:00-6:00 p.m. Tuxedo donning and makeup.

6:00-8:00 p.m. Cocktails and dinner

8:00-???? General Debauchery

Sunday, March 30

7:30-8:30 a.m. Breakfast

8:30-10:00 Project Presentations

10:00-10:30 a.m. Group photo(done by a pro-copies will be available by mail)
and sad goodbyes

Registration form

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com

www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous