[Ccpg] [permaculture] Nobel Prize in Sustainable Development

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Apr 29 07:04:41 PDT 2003

1.      Nobel Prize in Sustainable Development
We would like to ask your support for a request to install a Nobel Prize
for Sustainable Development. Citizens, scientists and parliamentarians have
started a joint initiative in order to recognize the important issue of
sustainability with an important prize. Up to now, individuals and
organizations from over 85 countries have signed the initiative, among
others WWF International, IUCN Int.,former Ministers of states, and many
members of Parliament.

In May 2003 the petition will be presented to the Nobel Committee in
Sweden. In order to have the biggest chance of success, we still need all
the support possible. You can give your support by simply signing the
petition on www.sustainable-prize.net  If you have done so,please state
your name and country of origin under this email and forward it to all
people you know that might be in favor of this initiative(note: please
remove any forward markings >>). We hope to spread the word globally for a
better chance of recognizing Sustainable Development as one of the most
important issues of our times.

With the greatest respect on behalf of all the initiators,

Boris van der Ham,
Member of Parliament, The Netherlands
www.sustainable-prize.net