[Ccpg] Permaculture Teacher Training, Advanced Permaculture Design Seminar, and Basic Design Course

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Jun 28 23:20:36 PDT 2003

PERMACULTURE TEACHER TRAINING

The fourth Permaculture Teacher Training with myself, Christopher Peck,
Penny Livingston, Brock Dolman and others is happening October 11-16, 2003
in Oakland. The cost is $685.  We apply permaculture principles to the
teaching of permaculture and have designed this course to model the
permaculture design process.  We also use and provide to participants a
copy of "A Permaculture Curriculum", our 200-page guide to effective
permaculture teaching that features great exercises from dozens of
permaculture teachers. The course is a great opportunity to have fun, hone
your teaching skills and learn strategies for creating effective learning
experiences that model permaculture's core principles.  We recommend it for
people who are curious about becoming teachers as well as novice and
experienced permaculture teachers, as we are broadening teaching methods
beyond the lecture format.  Past graduates of this course have raved about
this course (and I'm not just saying that to toot our own horn), so come
discover your own potential as an educator and weave regenerative teaching
methods into your permacultural fabric.

Contact Kat Steele at 510-547-7889 to register, or for complete course
details, visit
<http://www.holistic-solutions.net/classes.htm>www.holistic-solutions.net/classes.<http://www.holistic-solutions.net/classes.htm>htm

*******************************
ADVANCED PERMACULTURE DESIGN: The Process and Structure of Pattern Application
September 28 - October 1, 2003

This seminar on the Big Island of Hawaii is a great opportunity for
experienced permaculturists to explore ways to mainstream permaculture.
Let's take the movement to a higher level! Engage with me and my mentor,
Ben Haggard, co-founder of Permaculture Drylands Institute and Principal
with Regenesis Group, the only permaculture development firm in the nation.
Ben has come out of teaching retirement for this seminar, where we'll
explore the design process in depth and look at decision-making processes,
evaluation strategies, synergistic planning strategies, and building guilds
with people.  The course is based on a lot of the development work
Regenesis has done over the past seven years and Michael's work with
teaching organizational development, sustainable economics, and the
application of permaculture design to our personal and interpersonal lives.
The course will take place at a fabulous 80-acre center, Kalani Honua
Oceanside Retreat, within minutes of the active lava flow and incredible
volcanic steam vents and heated saltwater pools.  Come and have the
ultimate permaculture vacation in paradise!

Check out <http://www.kalani.com>www.kalani<http://www.kalani.com>.com for
complete course details. The cost is $600 and up, depending on accommodations.

**********************************
BASIC PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE
September 19-28
Big Island, Hawaii

This residential introductory course is also at Kalani Honua Oceanside
Retreat, and offers a great opportunity to learn the basics of permaculture
while conducting design work for this 80-acre retreat center an newly
evolving residential community.  It's a great opportunity to explore the
design process and look at food, water, shelter, energy, economic,
interpersonal, and organizational systems to create an ecological retreat
facility in the heart of the most stunning area of the Big Island. Faculty
includes Michael Kramer, Mark Olson, other local teachers, and Ben Haggard
for the final two days!

Check out <http://www.kalani.com>www.kalani<http://www.kalani.com>.com for
complete course details. The costs is $1450 and up, depending on
accommodations.

-----
Michael Kramer
Natural Investment Services
UP.O. Box 390595
Keauhou, HI 96739

<http://www.NaturalInvesting.com>www.NaturalInvesting<http://www.NaturalInvesting.com>.com
888-779-1500

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."