[Ccpg] HARVEST FESTIVAL at the Student Farm 9/20

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Mon Sep 15 12:30:47 PDT 2003

EQUINOX HARVEST FESTIVAL, Saturday, Sept. 20th at Cal Poly’s Organic Farm:

Celebrate the summer’s harvest and help usher in the new season on Saturday,
September 20th from 3-7 p.m at the Student Experimental Farm at Cal Poly.  A
POTLUCK BBQ gathering and community work party will start with a special pond
building workshop* and farm tours, followed by tomato tasting, food, music
and
more!  Garden activities and socializing will begin at 3:00, the BBQ at
5:30.
Meet new friends and help welcome new and returning students.  Please bring a
dish to pass, a table setting, gardening gloves and musical instrument if
desired.  All are welcome to attend.

*We will be inviting volunteers to help as we install the liner to a new
garden

pond by the festival circle.  The pond will provide habitat for a diversity
of
wildlife, including frogs, birds and beneficial insects.  Other opportunities
help out in the gardens will be available to those who want to get their
hands
dirty!

This event is co-sponsored by the Terra Foundation of SLO.  Members Carmela
Vignocchi, and Linda Seeley will talk about Terra's current community
activities
and invite you to join in!

SAVE THE DATE!  SPREAD THE WORD!  BRING A FRIEND!  SEE YOU THERE!

DIRECTIONS:  Take the Highland entrance into Cal Poly from Route 1.  At your
first stop sign, turn left onto Mount Bishop Road.   After about 1/4 mile,
the
road veres to the left.  Bare RIGHT onto the dirt road to the right of the
small
Vet clinic.  Go about 1/2 mile (past the Rodeo Unit) straight up to the top
of
the hill.  The Student Experimental Farm is on the right, across from the
Compost
Unit.

For additional info, call Hunter at 756-5086

To unsubscribe from this list, simply reply to this message with the word
"unsubscribe" in the subject or message body.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous