[Ccpg] Gaviotas Retreat: Paolo Lugari's Register by 9/19 2003

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Sep 17 08:56:08 PDT 2003

Dear Friends of Gaviotas,

Paolo Lugari's visit to Colorado is coming up quickly! This is our last
reminder about the upcoming weekend retreat with him, "Gaviotas: A Dialogue
on Community" that will be held from October 3-5 at Sunrise Ranch in
Colorado.

If you or anyone you know is planning to join us, please sign up by Friday,
September 19 through our website: http://www.friendsofgaviotas.org
Registration fees are $190-$290 based on income; accommodation costs vary by
room type.

After Sept 19, we will offer only a late registration package of $500, which
includes the registration fee and shared accommodation in a double room.
Late registration will close on September 26, and there will be no onsite
registration.

We hope to see some of you in Colorado!

Best regards,

Robert & Karen
Robert Schorlemmer <robert.schorlemmer at usa.net>

--------------------------------------

Gaviotas is an oasis of peace amidst the violence in Colombia. Engineers,
artists, peasants and former street kids have come together in a barren
savannah and accomplished the extraordinary. They have:

-achieved energy self-sufficiency
-established sustainable industries such as a zero-emission resin-making
factory
-created a hospital and medicinal plant research center
-reforested 36,000 acres and reintroduced biodiversity
-governed themselves with remarkable equanimity.

How has this community fostered creativity, tolerance and self-reliance?
And how can we do the same?