[Ccpg] PLANET Organic New Zealand 2004

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Dec 16 21:29:04 PST 2003

Greetings from New Zealand

I'm updating all our weblinks with our 2004 programme.
cheers
Joanna for PLANET Organic

P. L. A. N. E. T. Organic
Experiential Learning for Self- reliance & Sustainability

These are the things we believe can help sustain our planet . . .

  Permaculture
  Organic Growing
Local Economic Systems
  Bioregional Sustainability
  Community Empowerment
Earth Stewardship
Self-Reliance
Compassionate Communication
. . . and we want to offer you an opportunity to experience them.

Our nine-month holistic learning experience aims to provide you with
skills and tools for:
           · greater self reliance
           · sustainable land use & community design
           · environmental, social, & economic change

    Learn by doing:
      - organic growing by working the soil,
      - permaculture by creating and implementing a design,
      - facilitation by conducting your own workshop

PLANET Organic’s 2004 programme is a nine- month holistic learning
experience that aims to provide you with wide range of skills and tools
that will enable you to:
· live in more self- reliant ways
· design for sustainable landuse and community
· become a facilitator for social change.

PLANET Organic’s educational philosophy is “learning through doing.”
Every course is designed so that you are experiencing what you are
learning. Learn organic growing by working the soil, learn permaculture
by creating and implementing a design, apply your learning in
facilitation by conducting your own workshop.

PLANET Organic was created in 2001 to provide individuals with skills
for more empowered
lives and to help enable them to become facilitators for environmental,
social, and
economic change within their communities.

PLANET Organic is located in Golden Bay, a coastal area bordered by
golden beaches and the ranges of Kahurangi and Abel Tasman National
Parks, at the northwest corner of South Island, New Zealand.
Golden Bay is also home to two intentional communities. One is Tui
Community where several of this year’s PLANET Organic courses are being
held.

PLANET Organic’s tutors are a diversity of professional educators,
horticulturalists,
designers, and social change agents with experience from all over the
world.

If you have any questions or if you’re just a tiny bit curious about any
of our courses we
would love to hear from you!

2004 Programme Calendar
To provide our participants with greater flexibility we have arranged
our programme into ten courses.
Each course has been carefully developed and sequenced so that it
naturally builds upon the ones that
precede it. Depending on your interests and goals, you can take one,
several, or all of the courses.

Introduction to Organic Gardening 28 March ? 9 April
with Cathy Mountier & Sol Morgan
Intensive course for people who want to begin growing their own healthy
organic food. Sets foundation for all permaculture studies. No
experience required.

Earth- Spirit Nature Retreat 16 April ? 1 May
with Robina McCurdy, John Massey, Rose Diamond, John Gilardi, Chris Hill
& Arohanui Rapata
Immersion into the natural world, to deepen relationship, develop
‘ecological literacy’, understand
bioregion and cultivate stewardship.

Permaculture Design Certificate 15 May ? 29 May
with Joanna Pearsall & Bryan Innes
In this 72- hour residential PDC course you will learn to harmoniously
integrate land and people in such a way that the needs of food, energy
and shelter are met without diminishing the natural world.

Urban Property Design * 6 June - 16 July
with Leigh & Donna Astill
Learn advanced small- scale permaculture design skills through guided
practice, applying the skills of design and implementation to real
situations with real clients.

Rural Property Design * 25 July ? 3 Sept
with Bob Crowder, Richard Walker & others
Learn advanced large- scale permaculture design skills through guided
practice, applying the skills of design and implementation to real
situations with real clients.

Creating Compassionate Culture 12 Sep - 24 Sep
with Mirjam Busch & Rudolph Jarosewitsch
A shared, guided exploration of a new paradigm that embraces knowledge,
skills and processes for
compassionate, cooperative, mutually empowering and sustainable
relationships. Explore and practice skills of communication, conflict
resolution and group facilitation.

Workshop Facilitation * 26 Sep ? 10 Oct
tutors to be announced
Learn organisation, processes, techniques and content for facilitating
permaculture workshops.  The skills are applicable to any
sustainability-focused workshop.  The course concludes with participants

planning and facilitating an introductory two-day permaculture workshop.

Alternative Economics 17 Oct ? 29 Oct
with Christoph Hensch, Murray Begg & Deirdre Kent
An introduction to money, globalisation, alternative systems,
bioregional economics and prosperity.

Community Planning & Action 31 Oct ? 11 Nov
with a team from local government and NGOs
Overview of eco-politics introducing the functions and operation of
local government, NGOs and interest
groups in order to achieve sustainable development.

Sustainable Ecovillage Design 15 Nov ? 10 Dec
with Christoph Hensch, Robina McCurdy & Richard Walker
A comprehensive introduction to ecovillage visioning, design, planning,
and building.

* A Permaculture Design Certificate is a prerequisite for these courses.

Course programme subject to change. Please contact us or check our
website for details and fees.

To enhance and extend their learning during breaks between courses,
participants may arrange WWOOFing or other hands- on experience at local
properties and projects around Takaka and Golden Bay.

PLANET Organic is a programme of the Institute of Earthcare Education
Aotearoa , a national non- profit
charitable trustcommitted to the ethics and practices of sustainability.

P. L. A. N. E. T. Organic
PO Box 130 Takaka, New Zealand
Phone/ fax: +64 03 525 8334
Email: info@ planetorganic. org. nz