[Ccpg] discount to the Santa Cruz womens class.Women in Renewable Energ

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Feb 11 07:28:08 PST 2004

  hi everyone
         Hope someone can take advantage of this discount for the course in
Santa Cruz that we help promote
                 wes

Hi Wes!  Thanks for the help getting our article on Women in Renewable
Energy into your magazine!  I checked out the current issue of HopeDance
and it looks great!  Good work!  As a token of appreciation, SEI would like
to offer a discount to our Women's Photovoltaic Training in Santa Cruz for
any women in your Permaculture Guild.  We would like to continue to partner
our efforts together, and would love to lighten the financial load to your
members that may be interested in attending.

This 6 day intensive training is typically priced at $600.  For members of
your Permaculture Guild, we would like to discount $75 off of the original
price to individuals that sign up for the class.  In addition, if you have
a group of 4 or more interested members, we would discount each member at
25% of the original price (that would come to $450/person).

Please circulate this among your members to see if there is
interest.  Hopefully this can help someone out!

Some details on the class are at listed below.

Look forward to hearing from you!  Tell me if this helps out...

Carol Weis
Solar Energy International
Women's Program Coordinator and Instructor
970-527-7657

Solar Energy International (SEI) presents the 2004 WomenÂ’s Program.

The WomenÂ’s Program at SEI has been growing every year. Because of demand,
we now have more women-only workshops scheduled than ever before! Our goal
is to train and empower women to use renewable energy and seek employment
in the field.  The curriculum is the same as the coed classes.  The
difference is the empowered women that you will network with, learn from,
and interact with in this class.  If you arenÂ’t familiar with our
organization, learn more about us at
<http://www.solarenergy.org/>www.solarenergy<http://www.solarenergy.org/>.org

WOMENÂ’S PHOTOVOLTAIC DESIGN & INSTALLATION - 1 week workshop

Participants in the PV Design & Installation workshop learn how to use PV
(photovoltaic) technology to produce their own electricity from the
sun.  The workshop focuses on the practical design and installation of home
PV systems.   Participants learn system sizing, site analysis, hardware
specification and component selection.  The workshop covers typical
applications and case study examples.  This year there are 3 classes
available. Textbooks are included.

Santa Cruz, California, March 8-13. The classroom segment of this workshop
will take place at the Louden Nelson Community Center in downtown Santa
Cruz. March 12 & 13th will be a hands-on 2.5 kilowatt utility interactive
PV installation with local solar installer Akeena Solar. To register,
contact SEI directly or
<http://www.solarenergy.org/workshops/workshop.php?id=16>Click here for
more information.

  Why Women Only?  The workshops are intended to provide women with a
supportive learning atmosphere. Many women have little or no hands-on
electrical experience, and may be wary of attending a coed course with men
who have grown up using power tools. Even women with hands-on experience
already working in technical fields find it helpful and rewarding
networking with other women interested and/or working in renewable energy.

Contact Information:  For questions or to register, call Solar Energy
International at (970) 963-8855,
<http://us.f138.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=sei@solarenergy.org>sei at solarenergy<http://us.f138.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=sei@solarenergy.org>.org
.  Or register on our website at
<http://www.solarenergy.org/>www.solarenergy<http://www.solarenergy.org/>.org .