[Ccpg] Earthaven Ecovillage Permaculture Courses 2004 North Carolina

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Feb 17 23:38:16 PST 2004

June 18 - 20 Reclaiming Economics: Local Strategies For
   Promoting Community, Ecology, and Self Reliance
   This conference will feature workshops about strategies that
   communities can use to strengthen their local economies and counter
   the negative effects of globalization and corporate financial
   institutions. Topics will include local currencies and exchange,
   progressive credit institutions and micro-credit, and community
   partnerships between producers, consumers, and local businesses. The
   cost of the conference is $30 per day before May 1st, 2004, and $35
   after May 1st. Meal passes will be available for $20 per day.
   http://www.geocities.com/reclaimingeconomics/
                                                            $35 / day

July 2-11 Natural Building Intensive
   Part 1 Introduction, JULY 2-4 $225
   Part 2 Building With Earth & Straw, JULY 5-9 $375
   Part 3The Art of Earth Plasters, JULY 10-11 $150 Details
   Teaching Staff: Mollie Curry, Paul Caron, Chuck Marsh
                                                              $695 for
                                                           parts 1-3 (save
                                                               $55)

July 23-31 Permaculture Fundamentals: Principles &
   Practices with Chuck Marsh, Peter Bane, Andrew Goodheart Brown,
   Keith Johnson & guests (Permaculture is about designing & living in a
   regenerative human culture. Learn & Practice the principles , strategies,
   and techniques for reinhabiting your world.) Details
                                                              $675

August 5-8 Eleventh Annual Southeast Summer
   Permaculture Gathering, (Network with permaculturists, organic
   growers, natural builders, and others. Workshops, projects, bonfires,
   music, drumming and dancing, and GREAT organic food!) Thursday,
   Details

Sept 8-12 Growing a Successful Ecovillage or Intentional
   Community with Diana Leafe Christian (editor, Communities Magazine;
   author, Creating a Life Together: Practical Tools to Grow Ecovillages
   and Intentional Communities) and Valerie Naiman (co-founder
   Earthaven Ecovillage). EARTHAVEN members have been building our
   Ecovillage for ten years now, and we're here to show you how far
   we've gotten, to talk about how far we have to go, and to encourage
   you to start creating Ecovillages wherever you live. In some ways,
   we're more an idea than a place, a path of discovery, a possibility for
   the future ripe with blessings. You only have to put it "on the ground."
   Diana and Valerie offer you the opportunity to learn, share, reflect
   and be inspired to make community happen for yourselves! Details

To find out about other events as they are scheduled, check back at this
   page, or call:
   828-669-3937
   To visit the Earthaven website, just click: http://earthaven.org
   You can email us at: culturesedge at earthaven.org
   To learn more about Culture's Edge visit our page at:
   http://www.earthaven.org/culture/edge.htm