[Ccpg] Permaculture in Costa Rica October 20th to December 12th 2004,

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon May 24 21:07:07 PDT 2004

Hello from your friends in Punta Mona, Costa Rica!  We are planning an
incredible two month permaculture internship program for this fall and we
need your help to make it happen!  Please read below what´s going on, and
sign up if you´re interested!  Even if you can´t make it,  please print out
a copy and hang it at your local college, health food store, community
center...

Thanks so much!

PERMACULTURE EDUCATION

Punta Mona is a tropical permaculture farm on the Carribean coast of Costa
Rica that began with Stephen Brooks and a handful of volunteers in
1995.  We have now been hosting Permaculture Designer’s courses yearly
since 2001, initially with Douglas Bullock and John Valenzuela, and most
recently with Penny Livingston from the Permaculture Institute of Northern
California.  As the farm evolves into a thriving ecological community,
dedicated to living sustainably and in service to the Earth, we are
maturing to a point at which most ecovillagers are certified
permaculturalists and many are becoming or evolving into the role of teachers.

For the following two programs our teaching team consists of a handful of
Permaculture Certified Punta Mona community members, local experts as well
as another external expert permaculturalist/teacher to be confirmed.  Both
programs will offer participants an official Permaculture Designer’s
certificate. Our focus will be on tropical agriculture, water systems,
agro-forestry and Eco-village design.

·         2 Month Permaculture Internship:

This permaculture design and practicum program, to take place October 20th
to December 12th 2004, involves 4 weeks of half day lectures combined with
assignments, hands-on projects, design work and presentations, site
assessments, community service and outreach, culminating with a week long
tour of some of Costa Rica’s greatest permaculture sites.

·         18 Day Permaculture Design Course with Optional Internship:

January 14th to January 31st, we will host a Permaculture Designer’s
course.   At the conclusion of the course, we will host the 3rd annual
Encuentro Sostenible, right here in Punta Mona, where we join with people
from near and far with an interest in sharing and networking on sustainable
solutions for Costa Rica and the world.  In addition, we offer an optional
mentored internship, beginning February 1st  for one or more months
following graduation from the PC design course.

Contact
<mailto:egreensun at ecomail.org>egreensun at ecomail<mailto:egreensun at ecomail.org>.org
or
<mailto:info at puntamon.org>info at puntamon<mailto:info at puntamon.org>.org  for
more info on cost, dates and registration.

Costs for the courses:

Two month internship:

1) Including tuition, course materials (including the Introduction to
Permaculture manual and handouts), full room and board and the tour of
Costa Rica : 2500 US$

-With camping option: 2350$

2) Including tuition, course materials (as above),  full room and board,
with option to stay at the Punta Mona Center for the final week (during the
tour of Costa Rica):  2200$

-with camping option 2000$

Calendar:

Sunday

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

October

20-25

  Arrival

PM Intro

AM class

workshop

AM class

workshop

AM class

AM class

Optional farm project

October 26-November 1

Rest day

AM class

workshop

AM class

workshop

AM class

Group work

AM class

Group work

AM class

Group work

Optional farm project

Trip to Gandoca Lagoon

November 2-8

Rest day

Field trip

Field trip

Field trip

Field trip

Field trip

Field trip

November 9-15

Return to Punta Mona

Farm project

Rest/Study/Group work

Farm project

Rest/Study/ Group work

Farm project

Rest/Study/ Group work

Farm project

Rest/Study/ Group work

Farm project

Rest/Study/ Group work

Farm project

Rest/Study/ Group work

November 16-22

Rest Day

AM class

workshop

AM class

workshop

AM class

AM class

AM class

Optional farm project

November 23-29

Rest Day

AM class

workshop

AM class

workshop

AM class

AM class

AM class

Optional farm project

November 31-December 6

FIELD TRIP

FIELD TRIP/

COMMUNITY SERVICE

FIELD TRIP/

COMMUNITY SERVICE

FIELD TRIP/

COMMUNITY SERVICE

Return to Punta Mona

Integration

Groups work on Design Projects

Presentation of Design Projects

Graduation party

December 7-12

PC Tour leaves Punta Mona

Guapiles

EARTH/CATIE

Heredia/Cartago

San Isidro

Finca Ipe

Osa

Return to San Jose

Urban Oasis

   Costa Rican Adventures College Tour and One Month Punta Mona Internship

For college students, includes an Adventure Tour of Costa Rica followed by
a one month internship at Punta Mona from June 23-July 22. Visit
<http://www.costaricanadventures.com/>www.costaricanadventures<http://www.costaricanadventures.com/>.com
for more details.