[Ccpg] Bamboo

J.R Ryann at telnor.net
Sat Nov 20 14:14:06 PST 2004

Hola from Baja Mexico. My name is J.R. Palmer and I have started an organization (Baja Bamboo) and I have been planting bamboo for a bamboo park and furniture business in Baja, Mexico. I have access to many acres as well as year round streams.
  I have been asked by a community to try and provide work for the locals of that area so they do not have to move away to find employment. I am providing them with tools and instruction on working with bamboo for furniture, construction, etc.
  I am very interested in expanding to growing many types of bamboo including some if not all of the approximate 25 endangered species in mainland Mexico.
  I have the support of all of the locals in many areas of Baja as far as bamboo growing, value and projects and have been getting it planted and maintained in many areas.
 The use of bamboo in Baja is a new idea and I see it as a way to provide employment to many wonderful people as opposed to having to sell their land to pay for their childrens education.
  I have researched this project for two years and am interested in hearing all and any ideas on this plan. I know there are many projects like this internationally but this is the first in Baja.
  Thanks in advance for any advice or help you are able to provide.
  Sincerely J.R.Palmer       Baja Bamboo

  Please use jrbaja at hotmail.com  for my address