[Ccpg] Biological Farmer, GARY ZIMMER to visit Cal Poly SUNDAY Dec 5 10am

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Dec 2 05:22:50 PST 2004

Hi All -

Just a reminder that we will be hosting our annual Sustainable Ag PCA
Conference next week (Monday and Tuesday).  For details, check out the link on
the homepage of our NEW WEBSITE (www.calpoly.edu/~sarc).  Much of the site is
still under construction, but you will find details on the conference on it.
We are especially looking forward to hosting Gary Zimmer, author of
the "Biological Farmer", for an on-farm workshop on Day 2 (Tues.).  If you
have
not enrolled, but would like to attend, you may register at the door.  Staff
and student rates are available.

On SUNDAY (12/5), we will be hosting Gary Zimmer at the Student Experimental
Farm at Cal Poly for an informal, FREE discussion on his farming techniques.
Gary has analyzed soil samples from our site and will be discussing results
with the group.  The workshop will run from 10-11 a.m. and is open to all.

DIRECTIONS to the STUDENT FARM:  Take the Highland entrance into Cal Poly from
Route 1.  At your first cross street, turn left onto Mount Bishop
Road.   After
about 1/4 mile, the road veres to the left.  Bare RIGHT onto the dirt road to
the right of the small Vet clinic.  Go about 1/2 mile (past the Rodeo Unit)
straight up to the top of the hill.  The Student Experimental Farm is on the
right, across from the Compost Unit.

Hunter
Francis
Sustainable-Agriculture-Resource-Center/cpslo_unit at degas.artisan.calpoly.edu
Program Coordinator
Sustainable Agriculture Resource Consortium
c/o Horticulture and Crop Science Department
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, California  93407
(805)756-5086