[Ccpg] Aloha

billeger billeger at bigisle.net
Wed Jan 5 20:15:01 PST 2005

We moved from San Francisco to Hawai`i about 30
years ago. It is disturbing that thoughtful agriculture
is so rare in Hawai`i and the conservation of resources
even more unusual -- especially on the part of government.

On the Big Island of Hawai`i, where we live, there are
some 50,000 homes on rainwater catchment systems.
The county water department seems to feel put upon if
expected to actually extend the limited clean water resource
development and distribution system. We are on catchment
and would like to expand the average users knowledge of
how best to protect it against infestation by microbes and
dead rats. I'm sure it's possible!

Aloha from the middle of the Pacific Ocean
Hawai`i Bill