[Ccpg] Tree Planting Weekend Cuyama Learning Center Santa Barbara Feb 4 and 5 2005

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Thu Jan 27 07:37:41 PST 2005

Hello Folks,

We wanted to offer a few details about the upcoming work weekend and tree
planting at the Cuyama Learning Center on February 4th,5th and 6th. Just
last week we were fortunate to have Larry Santoyo and his wife Kathryn come
out to the center and offer us their expert advice and ideas on
permaculture design for the site. We are ecstatic at all the possibilities
over the coming years for this center to develop into an important resource
for many different constituencies from our community.

If you would like to attend the weekend, or part of it, please RSVP by
email (clc at wyp.org) soon. I will send you directions and gate combinations
when I know you are coming. We are asking for folks to bring heaps of
bio-mass (kitchen scraps, leaves, sawdust, clipping, wood chips, etc.) up
with you for our compost building project as well as 1 and 5 gallon potting
buckets. We are also looking for a large amount of shade cloth if you know
of any around that could be donated. Please bring a small hand shovel,
gloves (if you use them), some food/side dishes and snacks to go with the
main dishes that we provide, and your own camping gear.

We are excited to see you and work the soil together over the coming years&&.

Much Appreciation,

Warren

Warren Brush

Wilderness Youth Project