[Ccpg] Hello!

Madeleine Crossley Van Vlack madeleinecvanvlack at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 20:54:56 PST 2005

Hello,
My name is Madeleine Crossley Van Vlack. I live in Eugene Oregon and I am
going to be18 on March 15 of 2005. I am very much interested in living a
life very respectful to the earth and to myself. I would like to live in a
way that gives as much respect to the earth that I can and so that I can
learn how I really need to live on earth. I feel a good way for me to do
that is to only take what I need and to be happy. I also want to help people
in anyway, by praying, meditating, taking care of the earth, and by going
out and talking with people. I would even like to become a nun and just
spend the rest of my life taking care of the earth. Right now I don't pray
much and I didn't grow up with studying religion.  But I know that I have to
beleive in my self. I know I have the ability to heal from within. I have
read some books about spirituality like Quantum Spirituality, Wise Woman
Herbal by Susan Weed, a little Christianity, Buddishm, Native American and
Paganism. I do not know much about Catholoism. My step-mother was raised
Catholic. Right now, I feel spending lots of time and money in college isn't
the best thing for me. I feel that knowledge should be free and that it
already is and people just need to be reminded that they have that knowledge
within. The society is not encouraging strength or wisdom in ourselves. I
feel I need some guidance from people that have the same/similar beleifs as
me. People that want to respect the earth and live a quiet peaceful life
with earth and that know learning is about living. I even don't really like
the way the school system is set up. The teachers there don't even seem that
happy. Even though those teachers went to college and have degrees sometimes
I don't think they even know what they are talking about.
Well, I am asking for any advice or help or guidance that you could give to
me. I would love to know more about the sustainable communities and what
they are like and if anyone is able to live in one or what it takes to get
in one.
Thank you for you time and for hearing what I had to say. I am so thankful
that there are goood people out there that want to respect the earth and
their selves and are actually doing something about it. That's what I want
to do. I want to do something about it.
Sincerely,
Madeleine