[Ccpg] Strawhawk April events in N and S California 2005

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Apr 11 22:35:22 PDT 2005

Hi friends, below is an updated schedule of talks and workshops I m doing
in the next month in Northern and Southern California note that there s one
in Sant Cruz today sorry for the late notice,
         Starhawk

Honoring the Land:
Nature Awareness through Natural Building Friday 22 Monday April 25

Starhawk and Ethan Castro

How do we live on the land in sustainable ways?  How do we listen to the
land, honor its gifts and needs, and still provide for human needs?   In
this workshop we will learn natural building techniques grounded in nature
awareness and ritual to connect deeply with the earth and the materials and
tools we use in building human structures.  Specific techniques will
include cob, lime plaster, harvesting poles and materials in ways that
support the health of the forest, and a living roof, as well as an
introduction to the concepts of permaculture and nature-based spiritual
practice.   We will start and complete a small structure during the course.

Starhawk is an author, activist, and leading voice in earth-based and
feminist spirituality movements.  She is an experienced permaculture design
teacher and cofounder of Earth Activist Trainings.  Ethan Castro is an
artist, natural builder, basketweaver, and teacher with the Solar Living
Institute.

Friday 22 Monday April 25
Friday 3 PM arrive
6:30 pm Dinner
8 pm- Introductions, session
End 5 pm on Monday

$275-$350 sliding scale
limited work trade available
For more information, email natural at starhawk.org
Voicemail:  707-583-2300 ext.119
PO Box 460059
SF CA 94146
Or see www.starhawk.org

Upcoming Talks:

Tuesday, April 12
Los Angeles
Talk
7:30 p.m.
"Urban Eco-Action: Bringing Permaculture into Activism"
Permaculture is blossoming on the streets!  Make the connections:
learn more about blending permaculture with earth-based spirituality
and political action on behalf of the planet and its peoples. Join
The LA Permaculture Guild and Starhawk for potluck, talk, and
slideshow.
Location:  Los Angeles Eco-Village, 117 Bimini Place
There will be a potluck dinner at 6 pm. -- Please bring a dish to share.
7:30 pm: Starhawk will speak and show slides
Cost:  Lecture admission $5 for LAPG members;$10 - $20 sliding scale
for non-guild members.
For more information: Camille, 213-480-8002; camcim at yahoo.com

Wednesday, April 13
Los Angeles, California
3-5 p.m.
Lecture
Starhawk and Peter Russell (of the Institute of Noetic Science)
discuss "Journey Into Life: Ecology, Psychology and Education." This
talk is part of the Education for Sustainable Living Program
sponsored by the UC Students Sustainability Coalition.  Open to the
public.
Location: University of California, Los Angeles
Cost: free
For more information, visit:
Education for Sustainable Living Program
www.eslp.net
California Student Sustainability Coalition
www.ucssc.org

Thursday, April 14
Santa Barbara, California
7-9 p.m.
Lecture
Starhawk and Peter Russell (of the Institute of Noetic Science)
discuss "Journey Into Life: Ecology, Psychology and Education." This
talk is part of the Education for Sustainable Living Program
sponsored by the UC Students Sustainability Coalition. Open to the
public.
Location: University of California, Santa Barbara
Cost: free
For more information, visit:
Education for Sustainable Living Program
www.eslp.net
California Student Sustainability Coalition
www.ucssc.org

Starhawk is a lifelong activist in peace and global justice movements, a
leader in the feminist and earth-based spirituality movements, author or
coauthor of ten books, including The Spiral Dance, The Fifth Sacred Thing,
Webs of Power: Notes from the Global Uprising, and her latest, The Earth
Path.

Starhawk's website is www.starhawk.org, and more of her writings and
information on her schedule and activities can be found there.