[Ccpg] intro to perm in San Diego 9/11, 2 PM - 6 PM 2005

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Sat Sep 3 23:01:13 PDT 2005

Hi Wes and Marjorie,
I am having an introduction to permaculture workshop and peace vigil on my
land in east San Diego County on Sunday, 9/11. I thought you might like to
know. The announcement is below. Please let others know. Thanks!
All the Best,
Jane Higginson

Introduction to Permaculture Workshop at Snail Haven Farm and Sanctuary,
Dehesa, September 2005:

9/11, 2 PM - 6 PM -- Introduction to Permaculture Workshop taught by Jane
Higginson ($35),

6 PM - 7:30 PM -- Remembrance Day Peace Vigil (FREE), and Evening
Refreshment (please bring), with guest speaker Marcia Boruta, Director of
San Diego Economic Conversion Council/Permaculture Center: "Permaculture
for Peace":

Permaculture means "permanent agriculture" and "permanent culture". It is a
design science and art which utilizes patterns in nature as a basis for
design. This way, we can provide for our needs by creating cultivated
ecosystems on a local basis. We can drastically reduce the footprint we
have on existing, natural ecosystems, and potentially reduce conflict with
other peoples. Jane Higginson, Diploma of Permaculture Design, will guide
you through ethics, principles, pattern observation, how to read the
landscape, and basic design elements of permaculture. The instruction will
be both hands on and conceptual. Please wear boots or sturdy walking shoes.
The workshop will be followed by a Remembrance Day Peace Vigil, with guest
speaker Marcia Boruta, who has been Executive Director of the San Diego
Economic Conversion Council for over 18 years. If you opt to attend the
vigil, please bring a snack or non-alcoholic drink to share which does not
require refrigeration (you may bring small items, which can be kept on ice).

Snail Haven Farm and Sanctuary is a Project of Archelonia Ecological and
Permaculture. For more information, directions, and enrollment, contact us
at (619) 390-0717 or janehigginson at earthlink.net
--- JANE HIGGINSON
---
<mailto:janehigginson at earthlink.net>janehigginson<mailto:janehigginson at earthlink.net>@earthlink.net