[Ccpg] Rocket stove and Rumford fireplace workshop

Bernhard Masterson bernhard_masterson at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 5 10:42:22 PDT 2005

    LIGHT MY FIRE!
          Learn to build Rocket Stoves and Rumford fireplaces

November 4th – 7th, 2005
Spirit Pine Sanctuary, just outside, Santa Barbara, California
Workshop fee: $200

Join Betty Seaman and Bernhard Masterson for a hands-on workshop on heating
your house with fire. On the beautiful slopes of Figueroa Mtn., we will
cover how fire burns, what we can do to create a clean and complete burn,
and how to use it most effectively for heating.  Rocket stoves are clean
burning fuel efficient and easy to build.  Why invest thousands in a masonry
heater when you can build one yourself for under $100 in materials.

In 1796 Count Rumford developed a fireplace that even today cannot be beat
for strong heating and clean burning. Learn his secrets in this two-day
celebration of fire. We will construct at least one stove and fireplace
during the workshop.

We’ll begin with dinner on Friday and a presentation including the first
fire of the weekend.  Saturday and Sunday will be spent using cob, a mixture
of earth, sand, and straw, to make beautiful heating devices that commercial
builders only dream about.

Excellent vegetarian meals will keep everyone’s internal fire burning and
camping at Betty’s Spirit Pine Sanctuary is spectacular.

For more information contact Betty at 805-698-3840 or Bernhard at
503-715-0722 or bernhard_masterson at hotmail.com.

To register please send a $50 non-refundable deposit to Betty Seaman, PO Box
500, Los Olivos, CA, 93441  Checks should be made out to Betty Seaman.