[Ccpg] Cob Bench under construction at UCSB Santa Barbara Wednesday October 26th

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Mon Oct 24 17:52:30 PDT 2005

Cob Bench under construction at UCSB Santa Barbara

Hello!

We moved all the building supplies for the Cob Bench to UCSB over the last
weekend and have begun soaking the clay.  TODAY, Monday at 1pm we will dig
the foundation into the ground and Wednesday October 26th, we will begin
sculpting the actual clay onto the foundation.    This coming weekend
(Halloween weekend) we will finish the structure (starting late in the day
for folks who were reveling in the strangness of Isla Vista Halloweens)

Aaron has been coming up with some creative ideas for the bench including
little side tables and bookshelves.  We would appreciate any other creative
ideas however to help us come up with the best design.

p.s. we were able to find straw, sand, and broken sidewalk in the refuse
area AND we dug all the clay ourselves so this is a truly scavenged bench.

Take Care,

Katie Maynard
Office of Sustainability, Education and Outreach
Education for Sustainable Living Program at UCSB
805-893-8207 (office)
3611 Ellison
805-448-5111 (cell)
kmaynard at geog.ucsb.edu

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order
to grow." - Anonymous

</x-html>