[Ccpg] large scale permaculture

YankeePerm at aol.com YankeePerm at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 15:50:58 PST 2006

Large scale permaculture is an oxymoron.  Permaculture is site specific.

Your scale isn't so large though.  There are strategies that use a predesign
to set up a sort of zoning map (in the conventional sense of government
planning commissions) within which individuals and smaller groups do their site
specific designs.  This requires that the zoning board be very well trained in
permaculture and very well versed in local conditions.  An outsider coming in and
trying to do this, even if he is Bill Mollison Himself, is going to make
things worse.  But we can support people in getting the level of skill needed to
develop such a plan, which is always subject to revision.

For Mother Earth

Dan Hemenway