[Ccpg] Two-days with renowned New Zealand storyteller and elder, Barry Brailsford

Warren Brush w at quailsprings.org
Tue Mar 28 17:33:01 PST 2006

"If we lose our story, we lose our dream, when we lose our dream the
spirit dies" -Barry Brailsford

Hello Friends,

Please join for this very special offering at Quail Springs... "Tending
the Fires of Remembrance, stepping on the trail of vision and hope".
This  will be a unique  2-day intensive opportunity to nurture our
approach toward our inherent gifts and visions of relevance.

Join renowned New Zealand author, storyteller, elder, and teacher, Barry
Brailsford and local California storyteller, poet, and teacher, Warren
Brush in weaving together two concerted days of learning through
stories, sensory activities, and reflection among the gifts of nature.
This retreat is designed to light your fire of awakening and awareness
that will support and nurture your traverse of your own unique and
inspired trail of vision and hope.  We will interlace stories of old and
new, from Aotearoa (New Zealand) and Turtle Island (N. America) along
with hands-on, experiential activities to stimulate the recognition of
your inherent gifts, attunement of your senses, and a wakeful surrender
to your original instructions.

Barry Brailsford: MA(Hons) New Zealand.

Historian, writer, his work is a journey through the wisdom traditions
of Pacific peoples. Author of The Tattooed Land, Greenstone Trails, Song
of Waitaha, and Song of the Old Tides. Awarded an MBE for his
contribution to education and Maori scholarship.

 Warren Brush is an applied ecologist, storyteller, poet, and writer who
weaves his gifts into the world through his unique, nature based,
experiential learning workshops and mentoring venues which nurture the
inherent gifts in individuals and in families.  He has co-founded
Mentoring for Peace, Wilderness Youth Project and Quail Springs Learning
Oasis and Permaculture Farm.