[Ccpg] A Brazilian PC Invitation- please spread over the world...MAY 2007 IPC-8

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Tue Jul 25 22:30:02 PDT 2006

Dear Permaculture Friends,

We recently learned that the IPC-8 is to be held here in
Brazil in 2007.

We are a group of Brazilian Permaculturists, some with
more than 20 years of experience. We work locally and
regionally in various forms: private and community
projects, in institutes, with indigenous communities ,
with farmers, universities, social movements and
professionally as rural and urban consultants. Over
the years, as result of the need to share experiences
and mutual inspiration, the Permear  Permaculturists
Network was born, which has, as basic characteristics,
  the ethics of permaculture,  interpersonal
relationships and free exchange of information,
through internet forums and in periodic meetings which
occur in  the various regions of the country.

Our network is growing as desired, naturally and
organically. At present we are 40 members spread over
the various ecosystems in Brazil in projects which
involve many other permaculturists , in 9 states of
this immense country.

In our last meeting in Brasilia, in July of 2006, we
decided that, for us, the IPC-8 is important and
inspiring. We will be happy and proud to present our
projects in the convergence and share our experiences
with other permaculturists. As such, we will be
participating in the event as any other permaculturist
would, through the official site of the event. It is
our intention that our interactions be positive for
all and principally for the development of
Permaculture in Brazil.

Furthermore, we would be happy to offer our
permaculture sites for visitation from those
colleagues who will be coming to this continent called
Brazil. Our doors will be open before and after the
events of the IPC-8. Those interested should enter in
contact directly with us individually. Visit our site
www.permear.org.br

Best wishes to all ,
Members of  Permear, Brazilian Permaculturists
Network.

READ BELOW WHEN IPC8 TAKES PLACE IN BRASIL MAY 2007
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Welcome to the 8th International Permaculture Conference and Convergence
(IPC8) www.ipc8.org to be held in Brazil in May 2007. Traditionally IPCs
take place every two years and switch between continents. Past host sites
have been Australia, USA, New Zealand, Scandinavia, Nepal and Croatia. 2007
is the year of Latin America!
The Theme of the Conference will be: Greening our Economy with the
Principles of Permaculture. (Visit Program for more details.)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

2007 Permaculture Conference & Convergence
Greening our Economy with the
Principles of Permaculture

Permaculture is an ecological design science for creating efficient,
productive, and self-sustaining systems that serve human communities and
evolve into dynamic and regenerative relationships with the surrounding
environment. As such, the promise of Permaculture extends far beyond food
production systems to our entire economy. How we can use the principles of
permaculture to green the global economy will be the theme of the 2007
Permaculture Convergence in São Paulo, Brazil. By linking the Permaculture
concept to the emerging field of green economics we can begin defining what
a sustainable global economy might look like and how it can be practically
adapted to ensure that human welfare and ecological imperatives are rooted
at the center of the model. The theories and language of green economics
provide sustainable policies with a compelling argument couched in the
powerful language of money and economics.

The Conference will host international speakers who will present plenaries,
workshops and case studies that are directed towards responding to the
immediate challenges facing a world that must decide its course. Their work
will highlight public policy requirements and the active participation of
the business community necessary to encourage sustainable economies at the
local, state, and national level. Successful banking strategies, business
and innovations will be the three panels during which the themes of global
environmental markets, micro-financing, green accounting, certification,
complementary currencies and carbon credit exchange will be presented.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

International Permaculture Conference
Greening our Economy with the Principles of Permaculture
May 16-18, 2007
Convention Center, São Paulo, Brazil
Ticket Cost: USD $100

The Conference will be organized around three panels each of which will
cover six themes. The panels are: Successful Banking Strategies, Successful
Business Strategies and Successful Innovative Strategies.

Those wishing to participate must reserve their tickets on-line. All
international participants must pay for tickets on-line at the time of
reservation. For those who cannot pay on-line, special arrangements can be
made with the IPC8 secretariat. Brazilian participants must pay by "boleto
bancario". Some tickets will also be available at the door.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

8th International Permaculture Convergence
May 22-25, 2007
Pirenópolis, Goiás
USD $250

The Permaculture Convergence is a private four-day gathering organized on
behalf of the larger global permaculture family. It provides a unique
opportunity for permaculturalists to set continental and global agendas,
make appropriate connections, and share innovative experiences. The event
will be hosted in IPEC which is located on the outskirts of Pirenopolis.
IPEC is a unique permaculture reference center and school and has been
awarded national prizes for innovative architecture and technology.

To participate, delegates must be recognized Permaculture Design
Certificate holders (PDC). Convergence working committees will be organized
under major climate groupings and special attention paid to the issues of
green technology, seeds and genetic resources, trade, academic degree
certification, bioregionalism, women in development, ecovillages,
permaculture schools, development of permaculture organizations, disaster
strategies, and urban self-reliance. (Design of this program will be
undertaken over the next several months.)

IMPORTANT NOTE: Convergence participation will be limited to 250 people.
Prospective participants must pre-register online. There will be a
selection process for qualified participants. Accepted participants will be
notified via email of acceptance.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Permaculture Site Visits

Official Tour Dates: May 26th – June 6th, 2007

Registration (coming soon)

This will be an opportunity for international visitors to visit Brazilian
permaculture programs around the country. The official IPC8 tour will begin
immediately AFTER the Convergence in Pirenopolis and will travel to
projects in the Amazon and in Salvador in the coastal state of Bahia. The
Amazon projects include the large permaculture station on the outskirts of
Manaus and extension projects in the interior of the Amazon rainforest.

Amazon Tour Dates: May 26th – June 3rd, 2007

Salvador Tour Dates: June 3rd – 6th, 2007

The tour will be available for those who have registered and paid a fee.
Registration is unlimited. Transportation, food & lodging will be provided.
The IPC8 secretariat will work with Brazilian groups who wish their
projects in other parts of Brazil to be visited by organizing unofficial
tours.

Cost: USD $1,000 (includes 5-city Brazil Pass which costs USD $500)

Payments: Participants must reserve registration on-line. International
participants must pay for registration on-line at the time of reservation.
For those who cannot pay on-line, special arrangements can be made with the
IPC8 secretariat. Brazilian participants must pay by "boleto bancario".

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Permaculture Design Course

Date & Location: São Paulo, May 4th – 13th, 2007.

Registration (coming soon)

This course is by tradition hosted by the international permaculture
community on behalf of the host country. Registration is unlimited. The
fees from this course will go to pay for the costs of IPC8.

Cost: USD $450

Payments: Participants must reserve registration on-line. International
participants must pay for registration on-line at the time of reservation.
For those who cannot pay on-line, special arrangements can be made with the
IPC8 secretariat. Brazilian participants must pay by "boleto bancario".

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Donations & Sponsorship

How you can help IPC8!

We are all learning that helping to save the planet is everybody's business
and it's not cheap. But it is possible if everybody helps. As IPC8 is a
non-profit organization, the generosity of our supporters is crucial in
enabling us to continue our vital work of providing inspiration,
permaculture knowledge, and hands-on training in sustainability to all who
need it. We spend a lifetime enjoying our natural environment; why not
spend a lifetime saving it too? Join a special funders circle that
signifies your exceptional commitment to a sustainable future. Join the
IPC8 Circle because you want to support the permaculture vision for a
sustainable society and future. You will be making a positive contribution
for future generations.

Donate in any of the following amounts:
USD $25
USD $50
USD $100
USD $500
Other

Sponsorship

Many businesses, both large and small, can support IPC8 through donations
and through sponsorships. The Adopt a Community Worker Program is our
strategy to enable 10 African, 10 Asian and 10 Latin American community
workers to participate in the IPC8 Conference. This will provide important
Third World change agents the opportunity to make international contacts,
collect the latest technical information and make the connections they will
need to continue their work.

People Technology

The cost to adopt a community worker for travel, conference participation
and a one month stay is USD $4000. These partnerships enable businesses to
professionally associate with the activities of IPC8 and support many
important projects to be undertaken which would otherwise simply not happen.

Click below to make your tax-deductible gift of USD $4,000:

If it is easier to pay by check, please mail to:

Permacultura America Latina
723 Allendale St
Santa Fe, NM 87505
U.S.A.