[Ccpg] Greenpeace International's Michael M'Gonigle Lecture Monday, April

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Apr 5 22:39:01 PDT 2007

                GREEN ALCHEMY

A PROGRAM INAUGURATING THE SANTA BARBARA CITY COLLEGE
        AND THE UC SANTA BARBARA SUSTAINABILITY CENTERS

Please join Greenpeace International founder, Michael M’Gonigle, as he
presents a compelling vision of how schools of higher learning can help
unite citizens, businesses and government in a grand plan to meet the great
environmental crises of our time.

Consider just some of the praise celebrating his path-breaking new book,
Planet U, co-authored with Justine Starke:

“M’Gonigle and Starke challenge us to reach for the stars.” Lincoln
Institute.

“[The authors] set out an irresistible challenge
for the university to
become an ‘urban catalyst,’ for reinventing and reinvigorating the cultural
and ecological fabric of our society.”  Sierra Club

“
universities could be, should be and must be transformative forces in the
race for sustainable solutions, beginning on campuses and then radiating
across the planet.” University of British Columbia.

                                                   Lecture