[Ccpg] ESALEN INSTITUTE, BIG SUR, CA- Making a Difference: Creating a Sustainable World - Retreat and Vision - September 30-October 5, 2007

Wesley Roe and Marjorie Lakin Erickson lakinroe at silcom.com
Wed Jul 11 17:34:46 PDT 2007

PRESS RELEASE, ESALEN INSTITUTE, BIG SUR, CA July 11, 2007

Making a Difference: Creating a Sustainable World

September 30-October 5, 2007

"Be the change you want to see in the world."

This quote, first uttered by Ghandi 60 years ago, now, calls us to action.

You CAN Make a Difference?

Each one of us can help create a Sustainable World?

When we viewed Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth", it became apparent that

each one of us could do small things to lessen our ecological footprint, and to

mitigate carbon dioxide.  We could and did switch out standard lights to

compact fluorescents; turn off the faucet when brushing teeth and
hair washing and

use public transportation.  WE START WITH OURSELVES.

Ah.  Just the tip of the iceberg.  LET's MOVE to the next level of family or

community.  What can we inspire our neighbors to do?  Actively recycle,

bicycle share or create a neighborhood compost pile, which sources a community

garden.  Pass a bottle bill in your city?  WE PROCEED TO COMMUNITY.

Consider an annual retreat at Esalen Institute in Big Sur, Calf.

Reinvigorate your vision for yourself and take the next step in
becoming a Partner in the

Global Sustainability movement.

Making A Difference: Creating A Sustainable World is a 6 day residential

retreat at Esalen Institute in Big Sur, Calf.  Starting Sunday, 30
Sept and ending

Friday, 5 October 2007, you can shift the world while eating nutritious

organic food, enjoying natural hot springs open 24 hrs a day, expanding your

horizons with people from all over the globe, getting massaged
outside on the cliffs

of the Pacific, swimming in a geothermal pool and taking time off, time away,

a serious retreat from your busy world.  The cost is between $ll20 - $585,

depending on your housing choice.   This includes your seminar, meals,

materials, friends for a lifetime and board.

Kat Steele is the founder of the Urban Permaculture Guild in Oakland, Calf.

She is trained in Ecovillage Design at Findhorn Foundation in Scotland and is a

Board Member of the Architects, Designers and Planners for Social

Responsibility and Bay Localize.  She designs, facilitates and
teaches Permaculture.  Contact

<mailto:kat at urbanpermacultureguild.org>kat at urbanpermacultureguild.org or

(510) 547-7889.

Maggie Seeley is a business consultant who uses the Triple Bottom Line (great

people, good profit, the planet - sustainable practices).  She has worked in

Nigeria, China and Bangladesh.  Maggie is a partner in Green It!  The

Sustainability Team, located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  She helps
businesses and

organizations get green and teaches at the University of New Mexico, School of

Management.   Contact <mailto:MaggiHeart at aol.com>MaggiHeart at aol.com
or (505) 268-3339.

More info:
<http://www.urbanpermacultureguild.org/esalenflyer2007.html>http://www.urbanpermacultureguild.org/esalenflyer2007.html