[Ccpg] FRIENDS OF THE TREES SOCIETY Newsletter - August 14, 2007

michael at fairycongress.com michael at fairycongress.com
Tue Aug 14 16:42:09 PDT 2007

FRIENDS OF THE TREES SOCIETY Newsletter - August 14, 2007

Dear friends and associates,

Following are invitations to two new gatherings which I am co-organizing,
and one which I am giving several workshops at.

I look forward to seeing some of you at one or more of these events.

Please help with publicity. Spread the word to your friends and networks via
word-of-mouth, emails, list-serves, websites, newsletters, etc. You can
request brochures from me.

Best wishes from the trees,

Michael Pilarski
509-997-5780
friendsofthetrees at yahoo.com

SINGING ALIVE: A Celebration of Ceremonial Song and Dance
September 7-9
North River, one hour southwest of Olympia, Washington.
http://www.tribesofcreation.com
<http://www.tribesofcreation.com/pages/events.html>

xen at tribesofcreation.com

Details below *

"BIG SKY COUNTRY" GRASSROOTS PRODUCERS JAMBOREE
September 28-30
Hot Springs, Montana (west of Flathead Lake)
Here is an opportunity for you to be in at the start of a new, exciting
barter fair co-organized by Skeeter. Montana is the main focus but we
welcome participants from around the Northwest.
mailto:grassootsproducersjamboree at yahoo.com
www.friendsofthetrees.net <http://www.friendsofthetrees.net/>
Details below *

CASCADIA ECOFAIR
August 23-26, Near Eugene, Oregon.
The permaculture community in Oregon is putting on their 10th annual
reunion. This year it is an expanded event with lots of education and
entertainment. Michael Pilarski will present a workshop on: The uses of
woody biomass in gardening and agriculture.
541-359-4309

www.cascadiaecofair.org <http://www.cascadiaecofair.org/>

SINGING ALIVE ~ A Celebration of Ceremonial Song and Dance

September 7-9, 2007

Singing Alive will be focused on small song-circles, whole-group singing
circles, playing musical instruments, voice, breathwork, chanting, and
Dances of Universal Peace.  The main theme is circle songs which express
love, peace, activism, gratitude, blessing and praise.

At this time of great changes we gather together for inspiration,
empowerment and strength. We often feel separate, lonely and isolated in our
work to help the world through these great changes. Singing Alive offers us
a chance to be with a loving support group and at the same time do something
useful for the world.

Although humans obviously include an incredible range of consciousness there
is a composite, planetary human mind. There are also national
consciousnesses, cultures, tribes, etc. These group "psyches" are in the
ethers, so to speak and they affect all of us to some degree or another.
One influences all.  The most conscious and illumined humans help set a
template for others to tap into. They make the path easier for the rest of
us. A group of people singing together with intent is a way to affect the
group mind.  Singing Alive is not only for the participants' joy and fun;
Singing Alive can be a real contribution to world peace and love. We are
helping sing into being a more loving way for humans to be in the world. We
sing for freedom, for compassion, spiritual illumination, Earth-awareness,
etc.

We Activate Ourselves With Harmonies
of blessing, devotion and gratitude
We Bring Peace Into The World
In the collective resonance of song.
We Create Vibrational Medicine
To heal the world and each other.

This is an egalitarian, participatory, and cooperative event. Everyone is on
staff to help do community tasks such as cooking cleaning, parking, etc.
Meals will be cooperatively prepared. Please bring food to share, especially
food from your gardens. Contact our kitchen coordinator, Aera, if you can
bring larger amounts of food items.  541-400-0098.

This is a camp-out, so come prepared with tent, bedding, flashlights, water
bottle, etc. Bring your own cup, plate, bowl and eating utensils. We advise
marking them. Bring your bathing suit since the site in on the North River.
Bring songbooks and CDs for show and tell. We wish to create lists of songs,
singers, songbooks, CDs etc.

Come prepared for lots of singing! There are 30 time periods during the
weekend for scheduling different types of song circles. Singers and
musicians are invited to share songs and/or facilitate a circle for communal
singing. Some circles will be led by individual singers/musicians and others
will be open circles where everyone takes turns leading songs. Some will be
in the form of workshops. There will also be whole-group circles where
everyone can sing together. Bring your musical instruments, drums and
dancing shoes.

CDs, songbooks, musical instruments and the like can be sold/traded
throughout the weekend. In addition there will be a barter period on Sunday
morning for people to trade and sell other types of wares.

Directions:

The site is in the Willapa Hills about one hour drive from Olympia.
Rivermeadow is at 1778 Northriver Road, Cosmopolis, Wa. North River Road is
off of Hwy 101 just south of Aberdeen. Look for the dot on the map called
Arctic, which is where North River Road starts.

Admission price is $50 if paid in advance, $60 at the gate. Half price for
teens 12-17. Children under 12 free.

Make checks payable to:

Morgan Brent

Singing Alive,

PO Box 6418

Olympia, WA 98507

www.tribesofcreation.com <http://www.tribesofcreation.com/pages/events.html>

To register (or for more info), contact Morgan Brent at
xen at tribesofcreation.com
You can also contact Michael Pilarski

"BIG SKY COUNTRY" ~ GRASSROOTS PRODUCERS' JAMBOREE  September 28-30, 2007

Building Montana's grassroots economy

PRODUCERS ARE INVITED TO BRING THEIR PRODUCTS to:
Barter
Sell
Trade
Market
Give-Away

You are invited to the 1st annual Grassroots Producers Jamboree which will
bring people together from around Montana and beyond to barter and sell food
they have grown, as well as crafts and various & sundry other useful goods
they have made.

Come to socialize, make music and have fun.

This new gathering encourages the exchange of goods, services and
information for greater local and regional self-reliance. Farmers,
gardeners, craftspeople and producers will be able to sell, barter and
showcase their products. The focus is on Montana but producers from adjacent
states and provinces are invited. Preference is given to vendors selling
products grown or made by the seller. We discourage the sale of imported or
mass-produced goods. Quality, second-hand items are okay. Producers can use
this event to find new markets for their products throughout the year. We
come together to celebrate local producers and build community,
communication and cooperation. Bring your musical instruments so we can jam
and entertain each other.

The site can accommodate around 200 vendors.  Our goal is to fill the circle
with grassroots producers of quality food and products. We expect this to be
a thriving economy and a lot of fun. Each vendor space includes the space
for a booth, one vehicle and camping. Most people bring tents or sleep in
their booth or live-in vehicle. Most people come prepared to make their own
food. There will also be food vendors.

Walking around the Jamboree and seeing what people are producing and having
the opportunity to talk to the producers adds up to lots of educational
opportunities. We wish to inspire each other.  Producers can use this event
to find new markets for their products. The event looks to the barter fairs
for inspiration as well as the Maine Common Ground Country Fair. There will
be an educational component with speakers and workshops. If you would like
to be a speaker or give a workshop, contact Michael Pilarski at Friends of
the Trees.

ADMISSION PRICES
Vendor booth fee:
$25 worker fee (requires one adult working a 4-hour shift*).
$50 non-worker fee.
Fee includes admission for 1 person & space for a 10x10' booth & camping.
Add $20 for a 20' booth space and $40 for a 30' space.
* The reduced vendor fee encourages vendor participation in putting on the
event.
Weekend camping rate:  Adults $25
Day rate: $5.
Children: free

If you would like to be a vendor, volunteer or attend please contact
bigskycountryjamboree at yahoo.com
406-741-5399

Mail registration to:

Jamboree
628  3rd Ave. E.
Columbia Falls, MT 59912

Further details will eventually be posted on www.friendsofthetrees.net
<http://www.friendsofthetrees.net/>

If you don't wish to receive further newsletters, please let us know and we
will take you off the list!