[Ccpg] Chumash Ethnobotany: Reception & Book Signing - Tues, Sept 4th, 5 - 7:00 p.m. @ The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Fri Aug 31 07:08:16 PDT 2007

 Chumash Ethnobotany: Reception & Book Signing - Tuesday, September 4th - 5:00
p.m. to 7:00 p.m. @ The Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History – 2559
Puesta
del Sol in Santa Barbara

Celebrating the new book by Curator of Ethnography Jan Timbrook, MA –
Chumash
Ethnobotany: Plant Knowledge Among the Chumash People of Southern California.
Jan Timbrook is one of the leading experts in Chumash studies and
ethnobiology.
The publication, Chumash Ethnobotany, represents a lifetime achievement. Based
on three decades of research and illustrated with botanical watercolors by Oak
Group artist Chris Chapman, this long-awaited book explores the fascinating
relationships between native plants and the first people of the Santa Barbara
region.

At this reception and book signing, meet Jan Timbrook and artist Chris
Chapman,
purchase your copy of Chumash Ethnobotany, have it signed, and enjoy
refreshments in the Sukinanik’oy Garden along Mission Creek at the Museum.
The reception is free with advanced reservations.

RSVP: Jill Johnson at 805-682-4711 ext.110 or jill.johnson at sbnature2.org.
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous