[Ccpg] Sustainable World Radio Fri Sept 7, 9am Gaia University with Liora Alder cofounder

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Thu Sep 6 13:29:39 PDT 2007

Tune in to KCSB.org at 9am PDT for a live interview, Fri Sept 7,  9am  Gaia
University with Liora Alder co founder www.gaiauniversity.org hosted on
Sustainable World Radio.  The station is 91.9FM in Santa Barbara or live
streaming at kcsb.org.

Sustainable World Radio: Friday mornings at 9:00-10 am on KCSB 91.9 FM in
Santa
Barbara and streaming live on KCSB.org.

Contact  sustainableworldradio at earthlink.net

Gaia University
www.gaiauniversity.org

Gaia University offers a unique approach to higher learning by offering
students (called Associates) access to accredited Bachelors and Masters
degrees
and Graduate Diplomas whilst the Associate is actively engaged in self and
planetary transformation. Linking your ideals with self-directed practical
experience, you act as a world changer, by working for local and global
sustainability and regeneration, justice and peace.

Our self-directed action learning methodology enables you to study locally, at
work or on project, in your own language, supported by Gaia University's
Regional Organizers, and a worldwide network of learning providers, tutors and
mentors.

No longer do you have to choose between earning a living and studying. With
action learning your work and your projects become your places of study.

NEWS!!!

Gaia University is offering an Advanced Permaculture Design and Teacher
Training course in conjunction with the Ecovillage Training Center, The Farm,
Tennessee. October 7-17. This combination workshop meets the needs of people
who have already received a Permaculture Certificate, who are seeking to
improve their skills. The course prepares people to teach introduction courses
in Permaculture and Ecovillage design and to apprentice as teachers on full
versions of these powerful, foundation courses. Instructors: Andy Langford,
Liora Adler, Matthew English and Jennifer D. English. $1100 with meals and
lodging. Contact us for more information.

We have just made an exciting restructuring of our tuition fee system to give
greater access to our programs to people from lower economically resourced
countries of the world. This new fee structure will apply to all 2007 MSc and
Graduate Diploma programs.

See Fees Masters Programs for further information.

Our developing Regional Center in Germany has just scheduled its first MSc and
Graduate Diploma program in Sustainable Money Design and Peace Management.
These programs will be offered in the German language for people working at a
strategic level in the field of regional economics and currency change as well
as non violent communication and mediation.

Regional Centers of Gaia University are developing in Portugal at Tamera
Ecovillage, in Brazil, the West and East Coasts of the US , in Spain and are
envisioned in hundreds of locations throughout the world. If you are
interested
in exploring this opportunity, please write to us.

Information on Fall 2007 programs at the Ecovillage Training Center at the
Farm
in Tennessee, USA are listed following the links on website for

Dates and Venues BSc

Dates and Venues MSc/Graduate Diploma

What an incredible first year we have had. Gaia University now has 50
Associates--BSc, MSc and Graduate Diploma candidates. The diversity is
remarkable. Ages range from 19 to 72 years and our associates come from 19
different countries--a shining group of action learning world changers now
embarked on their action learning pathways, producing sustainability
outputs as
they learn.

We have now posted some of the website pages in German. Please see the Deutsch
section for links to these pages. Further information in German is also
available at www.gaiauniversitaet.de,
http://www.connection.de/cms/content/view/1031/1

CURRENT PROGRAM OFFERINGS:

BSc degree program for Fall of 2007 in Integrative Ecosocial Design. Design
your degree program based on your passions and dreams. Specializations
available in any field of sustainability/regeneration/world change. Short
residential intensives at our Oregon and Tennessee Centers and then go off to
do your project based work in any part of the world you choose. You will
receive tutorial and specialized support while working on your projects,
further workshops, courses, apprenticeships, internships or your everyday work
from your home base. Accreditation for Prior Learning available. Admissions
information. Apply here.

For 2007 we are offering Masters of Science degrees and Graduate Diplomas in:
Open Topic (Independent Study): An opportunity to design and name your degree
program. This course is for people working at a strategic level in the
regeneration and world change fields. Beginning intensive residential workshop
to be given in Oregon, USA in April, Brazil in April/May, in Germany in August
and in Tennessee, USA in Sept. Potential specializations in any area of
Sustainability/Regeneration eg. Permaculture, Ecovillage Living, Life
Transitions, Climate Change, Natural Building, Peace Studies, Ecocities,
Appropriate Technology, Traditional Wisdom, Eco- Health, Sustainable
Economics,
Bioregionalism, Natural Building, Social Communication, Integral Co-Creation,
Art for Social Change as well as other self-designed programs based on student
interests and the strategic needs of our partner networks. Pre and post MSc
Graduate programs available. Offered in Brazil in April/May, in Germany in
July/Aug and in the USA in Sept/October, 2007.

Organizing Learning for Ecosocial Regeneration (Regional Development of Gaia
University). Beginning intensive residential workshop in Brazil in April/May
2007. For social entrepreneurs who wish to expand the Gaia U network by
developing Regions in their countries or their areas of expertise. New program
for 2007 in Germany in July. Dates and Venues

Integrative Ecosocial Design, a multi-disciplinary action learning approach,
with potential specializations in any area of Sustainable/Regenerative Design
eg. Permaculture, Ecovillage Design, Life Transitions, Natural Building, Peace
Studies, Ecocities, Appropriate Technology, Climate Change, Traditional
Wisdom,
Eco- Health, Sustainable Economics, Bioregionalism, Natural Building, Social
Communication, Integral Co-Creation, Art for Social Change as well as other
self-designed programs based on student interests and the strategic needs of
our partner networks. A Permaculture Design course, an Ecovillage Design
course
or an equivalent is a pre-requisite for the Masters level IESD programs.
Offered in Brazil in April/May, in Germany in July/Aug and in Tennessee,
USA in
Sept/October, 2007.

United Nations DESD: Gaia University is an official program in support of the
United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development sponsored by
UNESCO. Gaia U programs carry the DESD logo.

We are working with ecovillages, permaculture centers, holistic health
centers,
indigenous colleges, non-profit institutions and networks to support the
development of Regional Centers on the five continents. If you are interested
in being a partner with Gaia University see Partners, Partnership
Opportunities.

Scholarship/Bursary Fund: Gaia U. is actively seeking bursary funding,
particularly for its Msc in Organizing Learning for Ecosocial Regeneration.
This program will enable us to develop up to 15 new Regions over the next two
years, leveraging the investment many-fold. Due to the importance of this
strategy, Gaia U will contribute 10% of all International fees to the
International Bursary Fund. Please consider supporting this essential program.
You may donate through Pay Pal on this page or Contact Us. Donations are tax
deductible in many countries. Thanks to all of those who have already
supported
Gaia University.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in order to
grow." - Anonymous