[Ccpg] November newsletter

Quail Springs info at quailsprings.org
Fri Nov 2 10:40:18 PDT 2007

Quail Springs' November 2007

Fall is with us, the cottonwood leaves are falling, as we harvest the fruits
of an amazing year with thankful hearts, we are looking toward winter with
many preparations.

The coming months will involve planning our 2008 calendar of events, to
include a Skill Builder Series of weekend workshops as well as Service
Learning weekends, our 3rd Permaculture Design Course (with Geoff Lawton),
EcoNest workshops, and other special events! We'll keep you posted.

Although we have a break in offering of Service Learning weekends for the
coming winter months, if you are specially interested in volunteering with
natural plastering projects, please get in touch and we will aim to
coordinate volunteer visits for this.  <mailto:info at quailsprings.org>
info at quailsprings.org or 805-886-7239

IMPORTANT announcement to ALL Quail Springs friends, family, interns and
other guests!

As of January 1, 2008, the gate codes with be changing monthly. Therefore,
you will need to contact us for the current code even if you have been here
many times before. We are doing this as part of a concerted effort to
address issues with the private landowner through whose property the private
road that gives access to Quail Springs crosses. It is critical that each
and every vehicle coming to Quail Springs strictly observes the 10 MPH speed
limit on the private road, as well as ALL TRAFFIC LAWS. In other words, this
is no longer an opportunity to teach a young person how to drive, no riding
in the back of the truck or on the bumper, and be sure to keep your lights
on at night despite how much you want to see the moon and stars, etc. etc.
We must require adherence to these rules for all approaching Quail Springs
in order not to jeopardize our ease of access. Thank you for understanding
and helping!

EcoNest workshops 2008

The beginning stages of the EcoNest will involve workshops in which
builders, home owners, or other interested folks will work with the EcoNest
team in a series of two workshops that give the participant a solid
foundation in understanding this unique system of sustainable building.
Dates and cost are TBA. If you would like to be on an initial interest
contact list, please email info at quailsprings.org.

Available for purchase. Quail Springs, An Experiment in Permaculture

Quail Springs, An Experiment in Permaculture, by Joss Jaffe, serves as an
important research and development tool supporting permaculture design and
the long term vision of Quail Springs.  If you are interested in purchasing
the book, please let us know at info at quailsprings.org. The cost of this full
color book is $30 including the CD, or $10 for the CD only, plus $5
shipping.

Interested Interns please inquire for 2008...

We'll be taking in new interns again in Spring 2008, but we may make
exceptions for new interns this Winter for those with natural building
experience and ability to house themselves for winter weather. All
interested interns feel free to inquire regardless and we will see what
timing may work.

Work and live "on the farm" through volunteer internships beginning with up
to one month, with possibility of up to 6 months. Assist with ongoing
permaculture development of the farm and share in community life.  Projects
this year include food systems, gardening, aquaculture, natural building,
watershed restoration, animal husbandry, capital campaign development, and
more. Experience and training is not needed, although this is a great
opportunity to further experience and education in all aspects of farm and
permaculture site development. Contact info at quailsprings.org for more info.

The following special offering will be hosted by Quail Springs...

PLANT SPIRIT HEALING ***APPRENTICESHIP*** with Pam Montgomery

Plant Spirit Healing accesses the conscious intelligence of plants in order
to direct the dynamic nature of energy. Plants are sentient beings whose
symbiotic relationship with humans gives them the unique ability to
communicate, guide and heal us on physical, emotional and spiritual levels.
When plant spirit healing is undertaken you begin living according to your
own true nature. You become more fully who you are and more engaged in
walking the path that is uniquely yours. As one of Pam's clients said,
"There's no room for Lyme disease because I take up more of the space."
Plant Spirit Healing is on the leading edge of vibrational healing.
Accessing Spirit through the avenue of the green world is one of the easiest
and most effective ways to achieve healing at a root level. The healing that
occurs is not symptomatic, rather it transforms the source of the dis-ease
or challenge.

This certified college level course is designed for those who desire to
receive in-depth understanding and training in:

.  personal healing - physically, emotionally and spiritually

.  accessing your true path in life and living your bliss

.  integrating plant spirit healing into an existing practice

.  creating a new healing practice with plant spirit healing

.  practicing spiritual ecology in one's personal and professional life

.  working to bring balance to the Earth

Your apprenticeship will include:

.  Spiritual Ecology theory and practice

.  heart, soul and spirit - the triple spiral path of healing

.  communication with plants

.  accessing plant spirits through the dreamtime

.  energy anatomy and chakras

.  interaction of plant spirits with the Four Elements and Medicine Wheel

.  shamanic journeying techniques both with plants and for people

.  developing working relationships with animal and other guides

.  "seeing" intrusive energies and extracting them

.  heart entrainment, soul retrieval and spirit loss

.  "greenbreath" to overcome obstacles and access plants' healing gifts

.  developing green allies for personal, professional & planetary healing

.  practical application of plant spirit medicine in a healing practice

.  personal growth via vision quest, sweat lodge, fire vigil, night walking

.  and more

Dates: 4 sessions in Winter-Spring 2008.

January 10-13, February 14-17, March 13-16 and April 10-13, 2008.

  _____