[Ccpg] Upcoming Events: Ecovillages around the world Sat 2/9 at 8 pm Diana Leafe Christian and more LA

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Wed Feb 6 09:34:31 PST 2008

Please see our website for details on these upcoming events and for more
news from the Los Angeles Eco-Village:  www.laecovillage.org
More info:  Call 213/738-1254

===============================

DIANA LEAFE CHRISTIAN, Ecovillage author, journalist, workshop trainer
gives a slide show and talk on ecovillages around the world.

Sat., Feb. 9, 2008 at 8:30 pm at L.A. Eco-Village

Reservations required:   213/738-1254 or crsp at igc.org
Fee:  $10 (sliding scale ok)

===============================

JONATHAN DAWSON OF FINDHORN ECOVILLAGE, PRES. GLOBAL ECOVILLAGE NETWORK
author, journalist, storyteller and ecovillage/sustainability educator
tells stories about the African and European Ecovillage experience and
dialogs with local ecovillagers.

Tue., Feb 12, 2008 at 8:00 pm at L.A. Eco-Village

Reservations required: 213/738-1254 or crsp at igc.org
Fee:  $10 (sliding scale ok)

===============================
Save the Date:
Thursday, March 20, 2008 at 10 am at L.A. Eco-Village

Join us and City Councilman Eric Garcetti for the dedication and
Celebration of the City's completion of the Shared Street Project on
Bimini Place in L.A. Eco-Village.

Watch for details.
===============================

TOURS OF LOS ANGELES ECO-VILLAGE

Sunday, 2/24/08 from 10:30 am - 1 pm
Saturday, 3/8/08 from 10:30 am - 1 pm
Saturday, 3/15/08 from 10:30 am - 1 pm
Saturday, 3/29/08 from 10:30 am - 1 pm

Reservations required:  213/738-1254 or crsp at igc.org
Fee:  $10 (sliding scale ok)

===============================
If you are interested in taking a 72 hr. Permaculture Design Course at
L.A. Eco-Village in Spring 2008 with lectures, presentations, field
trips, interactive design teams, hands-on learning over a six weekend
period, please let us know who you are.  Course fee: $800.

Tentative dates:  April 12-13, May 17-18, May 31 - June 1, June 14-15, June
28-29.

More info:  213/738-1254 or crsp at igc.org

===============================
Update on LAUSD struggle:  Go to  http://laecovillage.org/LAUSD2008.html

Please Sign the electronic petition to save the
LAEV neighborhood here:

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/la-eco-village

See Eco-Villagers speak out to save their neighborhood at LAUSD's
community meeting in early January on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihiwtsVKum8

the subject line.

--
2/5/2008 9:44 AM

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
P.O. Box 92156, Santa Barbara, CA 93190
margie at sbpermaculture.org
www.sbpermaculture.org

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in new directions, in
order to grow." - Anonymous