[Ccpg] March 15/Peace March & All Day Event/Peace & the Environment, Join Us

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network sbpcnet at silcom.com
Sun Mar 9 09:22:55 PDT 2008

Hi Everyone-

On March 15 the People's Coalition will host an
all day event commemorating 5 years of war in
Iraq.  Santa Barbara Permaculture Network will be
participating throughout the day, with the theme
of Peace through Sustainability & Permaculture.

We will join the Peace March part of the day with
creative signage that speaks about wars impact
specifically on the environment.  We would like
to invite other environmental groups or
individuals to join us to march in a cluster with
thoughts on this topic.   Signs we have created
so far say things like "War=Eco-cide", "There is
no Sustainablity in a War Torn Nation".   We
invite you to get creative!  Come with good ideas
of a more sustainable world that doesn't require
resources from far away places to create an
abundant society.  Let your signs express these
ideas, hopefully in a joyful, imaginative way.

Grow Food Party Crew joins us from
Ventura/Oxnard, with their ideas of creating
abundance in the neighborhood, by planting edible
gardens in front yards of Suburbia:

"Imagine the feeling of abundance everywhere you
go. Walking through your neighborhood or down
city streets, the land has a feeling of being
cared for and it's obvious – each area is
uniquely beautiful and provides food, medicine,
fuel and so many other yields year round. People
actually interacting – sharing resources and
stories about daily life – taking care of each
other. Our community has real wealth and power
and we are all creating it in our own special
way. The Grow Food Party Crew is a collective of
people manifesting this vision. We are literally
a crew of party people traveling from
neighborhood to neighborhood transforming the
land through celebration – music, food, dance,
play, laughter and hard work.  In the course of a
single day we create organic veggie gardens, food
forests, water catchment systems, and earthen or
natural structures. At night we continue to party
down hard - on site or all around town. After all
our fun is had, a community resource is created forever!"

The day and march begins at Vera Cruz
Park.  Please look for our Santa Barbara
Permaculture Network signs and join us with your
creative signs linking sustainability and the
environment in a world where War isn't needed.

See below for the days complete schedule and
events, including Workshops beginning at 2:30 at
the downtown Public Library, Faulkner Gallery,
where Santa Barbara Permaculture Network and Grow
Party Food Crew will make a presentation.

Imagine another world is possible-

Hope to see you there-
Margie Bushman
Santa Barbara Permaculture Network

<<<
“Five Years Too Many”  March 15, 2008

10-Noon  Day begins at Vera Cruz Park, on Cota
Street across from the Farmer’s Market.  Music,
open mike,  and a pre-march rally at 11:30 with speakers and entertainment.

NOON, Peace March up State Street to the
Courthouse Sunken Gardens, to form a giant human peace symbol.

2:30-6pm, workshops at Faulkner Gallery, Santa
Barbara Central Library, 40 E. Anapamu Street

Also featured will be a live broadcast from the
Winter Soldier Hearings in Washington D.C. This
is history in the making with eyewitness accounts
from soldiers in Iraq ordered to violate conscience and the rules of war.

At Stearns Wharf, there will be the Arlington
West Candlelight vigil from Saturday night
through Sunday. On Saturday March 15, Santa
Barbara says, it’s “Five Years Too Many!”

This event is sponsored by The People’s
Coalition.   <http://www.thepeoplescoalition.org/>www.thepeoplescoalition.org

    *                 *                 *
         *               *                 *

Event Supporters: Veterans for Peace,
PUEBLO,  Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, Democratic
Service Club, Health Care for All, Santa Barbara
Operation Democracy Council, Sierra Club Santa
Barbara, Bush & Cheney Impeachment Town Hall Meet
Up, Democratic Party of Santa Barbara, Students
Against War, Santa Barbara Permaculture Network,
Art for Social Action, Women’s International
League for Peace and Freedom, Progressive
Democrats of Santa Barbara, People to People TV,
the Humanist Society of Santa Barbara,  Code Pink
Santa Barbara,  Hope Dance Magazine, RAWA.

Santa Barbara Permaculture Network
(805) 962-2571
sbpcnet at silcom.com
www.sbpermaculture.org

May no bomb fall on your head
or on your child's head or on your enemy's head
or on his child's head
or on the snail
in his garden.

"We are like trees, we must create new leaves, in
new directions, in order to grow." - Anonymous